AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   All Other Audi Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/all-other-audi-models-11/)
-   -   Electric wiring Audi 100(5000) Desperate. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/all-other-audi-models-11/electric-wiring-audi-100-5000-desperate-6433/)

krabben 02-27-2005 04:33 PM

Electric wiring Audi 100(5000) Desperate.

Hello!

Im new in this forum. I just bought me an 88( 44) Audi 100(5000) 2.2l 10v Turbo Quattro.

When the ignition is off, the small lights in the electric window switches is on. They never go off.... it results in flat battery.

So im really interested in wiring diagrams, can anybody plase help me???

Pardon my english ;p

Greetings from Norway.

0fframp 02-28-2005 01:40 PM

RE: Electric wiring Audi 100(5000) Desperate.

I would suspect that you have a problem with one of the door switches. Usually the window lights stay on until you open the door then they shut off. Do the interior lights work properly?

krabben 02-28-2005 03:46 PM

I have cheked all door switches, they are all connected to ground when activated. I have also checked the relay for this circut.
When i completely remove the relay, the little lights are still on....

Thats why i really need som sort of documentation, wiring diagram.

0fframp 02-28-2005 04:57 PM

I have a service manual for the 89-91 US 100/200 models but I don't have a scanner so I can't send you any diagrams. I always assumed that it was the door switch but there might be a separate switch in the door handle that cancels the lights.

krabben 02-28-2005 05:23 PM

I work with electronics... but car electronics i really hard to understand.
I am really sorry that you can`t get these paper scanned. But maybe someone else got it.?

The interior light never go off if the switch is in "shut off light when doors is closed" possition.

Argh.... last morning i had to take the bus, because the battery was dead.

gmatov 03-01-2005 04:25 AM

Krabben,

I scanned 4 pages of the Turbo window section of schematics, can't attach them to your e-mail from this forum. Give me an e-mail address, I'll mail them to you.

I don't know if it will help, those lights, 1, go out after about a minute, for the interiors, generally, and, I think, the switch lights go out as soon as you open the door, as the switch will raise your windows after removing the ignition key, but not if you open the door.

Also, I do not think those little glow worms can drain a battey, unless they are on for weeks at a time. Really some puny little lights, there.

You want the schematics, e-mail me with a return address.

Cheers,

George

krabben 03-01-2005 04:58 AM

My E-mail adress is: Vidar.Eiane@broadpark.no Thanks alot :)

I really didn´t think those tiny lights could drain my battery, but a combination of very cold weather, and maybe something else in this circut that don´t lights up.
But i do know when I remove Fuse nr 4 from the left under the hood. This problem is gone. This fuse supply power windows/drivning computer,interior lights. It is 15A.

krabben 03-03-2005 01:50 PM

gmatov:

Those pages u scanned was to weak to print out. Any chance u can try to boost up the quality on your scanner :)

I couldn`t read the text or follow the lines.

salleuxe 02-15-2007 11:21 AM

I would be really grateful also if someone would scan those wiring diagrams andupload a copy. My problemare brake lights. Cannot make them function though all things I checked were fine (bulbs, fuse, wires). Only, I couldn't find a taster or anything that is activated when brake pedal is depressed. So, instead of diagrams, some advice could help also . There are some other minor problems, but this I must solve somehow as soon as possible. So, audi-friends-on-a-road help please.
Salleuxe

InExile 02-17-2007 12:02 AM

the window switch lights go off when the door is opened .... check the interior light relay and the window relay .... on the other side of the dash where your left knee is when you drive