AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   All Other Audi Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/all-other-audi-models-11/)
-   -   trick that d*mn MAF sensor (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/all-other-audi-models-11/trick-d%2Amn-maf-sensor-44718/)

dogskull666 10-25-2006 03:57 AM

trick that d*mn MAF sensor

ok, i asked this a couple of weeks ago on another thread but no one answered so im gonna throw it out here, i ordered one of those electric supercharger things off of ebay about 3 months ago and installed it, it runs fine, but, the catch is that it throws to much air into my intake for the computer to understand, the supercharger also came with a resistor to place inline with the MAF sensor, but, the catch is that my MAF sensor has four wires and i do not know which wire to place it on. its an audi 100S with an AAH engine.

kakarot 10-26-2006 04:06 PM

RE: trick that d*mn MAF sensor

well thats easy. Go to my website and read the diagnostic page :) [under pictures first link]

dogskull666 10-27-2006 03:48 AM

i checked your website and then my MAF. i got a 4 wire MAF not a 3 wire. i still don't know what wire to put the resistor on. its an AAH 2.8L 12V V6 with two oxygen sensors and two three way catiaytic converters. now for some reason my car is smoking out the tail pipe, idling rough and the oil when i take the fill cap off smells like gas. i think i either blew a seal, valve or ring, has anyone ever had this happen to them, or know what this could possibly be. my engine has 209,190 miles on it and most likely needs a rebuild

kakarot 10-28-2006 02:56 AM

most likely that when you used the SC you got the mixture too lean and that made huge mess.
In any case, get a voltmiter and check each wire, there should be ground, positive from the battery and a signal. just use volmitter to locate the one. If you rev the engine then the values go up. You probably have 2 signal lines.

dogskull666 10-28-2006 06:14 AM

so if it has two sensor wires then would i have to place a resistor on both sensor wires?

kakarot 10-28-2006 01:56 PM

ye, make sure the 2 wires are sensors. PS resistors on the sensors would make the AF lean. couse resistors would lower the voltage and thoughs lower voltage ecu will think there is less air is going through system and lower the amount of fuel.

dogskull666 10-28-2006 05:00 PM

what would i have to do then to get the ecu to run richer so that i can use the SC and not kill the engine?

kakarot 10-30-2006 12:39 PM

resistor on the air charge temp sensor, or resistor on the temp gauges sensor.

dogskull666 10-30-2006 08:46 PM

where would either one of these sensors be located on my engine? is there a general apearance to them or is it totaly differant for each engine? and if you know how would i tell what wire to put the resistor on, i reread the instructions that came with the SC and resister, they said to place the resistor inline with the AIT sensor, im guessing that is the air intake temperature sensor right?

kakarot 10-31-2006 03:34 PM

I want to find it too, couse I am running kinda lean and have lots of knock.