V8 Quattro Accelerator Cable Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 01:38 PM
1st Gear
Default V8 Quattro Accelerator Cable Removal

How do I remove the accelerator cable in a 1994 Audi V8 Quattro.
Under the dash I can see where the cable connects to the throttle pedal. The end of the cable just pulls off.
Next I see a square (roughly) black box that has two wires and the throttle cable that go into it on the firewall.
I've read that this is what holds the cable and the kick down switch to the firewall.
On the outboard side is a plastic tab that looks like it should be pressed in to let the black box go thru the firewall.
Unfortunately the black box seems larger than the hole where it should go.
I know there must be a method to get the box and the cable to go through the firewall but I can't figure it out.
TIA for your expertise.
Steve

Old 11-01-2015, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Got it out. Tabs that hold the black connector in the firewall inside the passenger compartment are on the top and bottom. The one on the left was broken when I removed it from the good car and from the parts car. Probably someway to avoid this but I don't know how. If someone has a good way to put it back in that would be helpful. In the process of removing it the part with the big spring came apart and since it is only held on one side I was unable to keep it together as I tried to push the black box back into the firewall.