Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Downpipe and cat-back exhaust interest?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:53 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Downpipe and cat-back exhaust interest?

how's the project going??

Old 06-02-2008, 02:07 AM
1st Gear

Going slowly. Haven't been able to work on it just yet. Hopefully a few more weeks. I think I'll be pulling the engine at some point also to swap some oil cooler lines and do some service things so this may happen around that time.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:54 AM
1st Gear

Anything new??

Old 07-06-2008, 12:11 PM
1st Gear

Not yet. Still on the radar, however. I may start with a cat-back first though I think downpipes will make the biggest initial difference.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:43 AM

What hp increase would you expect to see running the 3" system? If you wanted to go with an APR stage 3 setup with K04 turbos down the road would they fit with this setup?

Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 AM
1st Gear

It really depends on a number of things. On a stock 2.7T you should notice a difference with some sort of exhaust upgrade. However differences and efficiency will vary according to boost your are running, chip, and overall how much CFM you are flowing through your exhaust manifold.

I imagine the exhaust will fit a K04 setup but that is still research I need to look into.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:03 AM
1st Gear

it's been a month. any news?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

Sharp, you have a good number of us waiting for news on affordable turbo-back free-breathing exhaust systems! I would love to put an APR or Milltek rig on my AR, but it will run into the thousands. Frankly, I want to do mods that will create the fewest violations to my CPO warranty. If I keep my car beyond that, I might think about an ECU chip...but not until then. Right now, I want more power, better mpg, and BETTER SOUND!

Cheers,

jf

Old 09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
1st Gear
Default parts for exhaust...

Hi,

That sounds great. I am in also. I am right now trying to develop a print for a custom exhaust using 3" or 4" magnaflow race mufflers and Donaldson parts. I am having problems finding flanges that match the turbos, to make the down pipe. These Volvo kit looks very well manufactured. If anyone is interested on finding good prices or parts (elbows, flanges, v-band clamps, etc, etc, etc) go to http://www.airflo.com/, or http://www.donaldson.com/en/exhaust/...ent/index.html. They have all kinds of adapters, reducers, flanges, etc. to make a great exhaust system.

If anyone knows were to find flanges that match the factory turbos, to make an exhaust system, please let me know. It will be greatly appreciated.

If this person comes up with an allroad kit, I will probably buy one.

Thanks for the info.

carco

Old 03-31-2009, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

did these ever get made?

Quick Reply: Downpipe and cat-back exhaust interest?