Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

ECP, Leveling, Traction, CEL, ABS lights all on

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:56 AM
1st Gear
Angry ECP, Leveling, Traction, CEL, ABS lights all on

I have bought a 2001 Audi Allroad 2.7T about a month ago and ever since I have been having some serious issues there is 141,000 miles on it

1st RPM issue in 5th gear going about 35-40 mph the rpm's will jump up and down

2nd the CEL came on when I was on the highway came home and checked with my Scantool (NON VAG-COM) these are the codes

P1129
P1127

Means running too rich so I cleared the codes to see how long they would take to come back on took about 2 days

3rd the Traction Control, ABS, Leveling lights all come on during accelerating when this happens the transmission drops a gear and seems to accelerate better regardless of the transmission dropping a gear this is happening more frequently now when this happens the Traction control light and ABS turn off but Auto leveling light will stay on until the vehicle is turned off

4th the battery voltage gauge on the dash seemed to drop down some at full stops we pulled the battery have it checked at auto zone and they said the battery was good but the negative post was corroded, used sandpaper on it and that was fixed no CEL light or anything happened for rest of the day

5th Was driving on a curve to get onto highway at a higher rate of speed to see if any other weird issue would happen and it did the CEL, ABS, TRACTION CONTROL, AUTO LEVELING LIGHTS all came on then shortly after the ESP light came on then the car wouldnt accelerate anymore had to pull over turn car off and turn back on that fixed it but the CEL remained on and had some sputtering during accelerating came home after work this morning to check the CEL and this is what the codes are

P0103 Mass or Volume air flow circuit high input
P1129 Powertrain running rich
P1127 Powertrain running rich
P0300 <says was pending

If you guys can help that would be awesome sorry for the run ons and what not I just got done with work and very tired and frustrated Thanks

Last edited by Kevin Artz; 12-08-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Wilkommen to the forums!

ouch!!

seems like you have a lot going on there...

P0300=random multiple misfire. usually a sign of a MAF, intake, vac leak problem. since you also have the P0103, I'm guessing MAF. fixing this will likely resolve most of the other codes you are seeing

3, 4 and 5: all probably related. it seems like you are having some voltage issues. since you had the battery checked and it is OK, signs point to an alternator problem or a wiring issue. basically what happens is that when the voltage starts to drop, the ECU starts shutting down "non-essential" functions of the car to allow you to "limp" safely off the road. When my alternator was going, when the voltage would drop I would lose ESP, ABS, and the transmission would drop into limp mode (3rd gear, which explains what you describe in #3)

Anyway, that is what I can come up with off the top of my head. good luck

-not an expert just an enthusiast

Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
Wilkommen to the forums!

ouch!!

seems like you have a lot going on there...

P0300=random multiple misfire. usually a sign of a MAF, intake, vac leak problem. since you also have the P0103, I'm guessing MAF. fixing this will likely resolve most of the other codes you are seeing

3, 4 and 5: all probably related. it seems like you are having some voltage issues. since you had the battery checked and it is OK, signs point to an alternator problem or a wiring issue. basically what happens is that when the voltage starts to drop, the ECU starts shutting down "non-essential" functions of the car to allow you to "limp" safely off the road. When my alternator was going, when the voltage would drop I would lose ESP, ABS, and the transmission would drop into limp mode (3rd gear, which explains what you describe in #3)

Anyway, that is what I can come up with off the top of my head. good luck

-not an expert just an enthusiast
Ok so the MAF starting to give but not enough to show up but caused the other 2 errors as said before that would make sense, the alternator shouldn't be going out that soon I would want to think the battery light did not go on yet which would mean alternator but ill try the MAF to see what happens do you know the exact location?

Old 12-08-2011, 11:33 AM

MAF is in the accordion hose between the intake air filter box and the y-pipe on top of the engine. very easy to get

Old 12-09-2011, 08:32 AM
1st Gear

MAF is in the accordion hose between the intake air filter box and the y-pipe on top of the engine. very easy to get
Found it right away Thanks

just have to wait till it gets warmer out 0F over here :/

Old 12-09-2011, 04:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Kevin Artz
Found it right away Thanks

just have to wait till it gets warmer out 0F over here :/
No check engine anymore the car when started from food start is normal now just have issue with traction control ABS and Auto leveling now But thanks a lot you helped me greatly

Old 12-09-2011, 04:55 PM

okay, good deal.

for the traction control/abs problem do a search for "wheel speed sensor". I suspect that may be giving you that issue. It is usually a matter of a simple adjustment so the sensor is in closer proximity to the "tone ring". a search should yield up some pics of exactly what you are looking for. another quick fix.

as for the auto-leveling, your allroad has the air suspension correct? this is one of those things that gives people fits. try looking here or on audizine for some ideas of what the problem might be and how to make it go away.

good luck

Old 12-09-2011, 08:43 PM
1st Gear

okay, good deal.

for the traction control/abs problem do a search for "wheel speed sensor". I suspect that may be giving you that issue. It is usually a matter of a simple adjustment so the sensor is in closer proximity to the "tone ring". a search should yield up some pics of exactly what you are looking for. another quick fix.

as for the auto-leveling, your allroad has the air suspension correct? this is one of those things that gives people fits. try looking here or on audizine for some ideas of what the problem might be and how to make it go away.

good luck
yea has air bag suspension, but the weird thing is, is that the Auto Leveling Light, Traction Control Light and ABS all come on the same time it was a lot better to coming on a lot fewer but the CEL light did come on today for the P1129 and P1127 codes again MAF seems like its fixed but must be O2 sensor now idk why Audi didn't have it point to what O2 sensor it is or just say O2 bank 1 on a scan or something would make thing's much more understandable

We are also encountering the dentist drill sound on the right side only during left turns so I sure hope not the turbo's are going but we been thinking about just trading it in for a A6 3.0 Quattro or something because this just seems ridiculous

Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 AM
1st Gear

I'm not having the mechanical issues, but apparently here in germany the ABS light is an automatic fail for inspection. at least here on post. is there a way to clear it without VAG or hooking up to an OBD-2 connection?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by AudiInfantry
I'm not having the mechanical issues, but apparently here in germany the ABS light is an automatic fail for inspection. at least here on post. is there a way to clear it without VAG or hooking up to an OBD-2 connection?
Try resetting the ECU. Disconnect the battery for at least ten minutes. Some codes don't go away with this method but a lot of them do

Quick Reply: ECP, Leveling, Traction, CEL, ABS lights all on