Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

HD Radio and iPod with Factory Radio (2003 Allroad)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 07:36 PM
1st Gear
Default HD Radio and iPod with Factory Radio (2003 Allroad)

I did a quick search and didn't see any similar threads so I want to show you guys something. I'm some what a audio nerd and as much as I love the clean look of the factory Symphony II Radio it lacks some required abilities. HD radio and a iPod connection. Sat Radio is cool but the simple fact that HD radio is free is hard to beat.

I came across this site http://www.axxessinterface.com/vehicleguide2.aspx which show you what you need per application.

For those of you interested in getting HD radio and a iPod connection here is what you need:

1. Axxess AHDH-VWADAPT (it's a wiring harness)
2. Axxess AHDI-EU1 (HD Tuner Interface also where you connect iPod Cable to)
3. Axxess XIAH-IPC (iPod to interface cable)
4. Axxess AHDT-01 (HD Radio Tuner)

From what I can tell all of this is plug'n play. The only place I've found that sell all of these parts is http://www.sonicelectronix.com/ . The AHDI-EU1 is currently on backorder and I'm waiting to hear back from them when it will be in stock again.

The total cost is $259 from sonicelectronix.com which if you do the math is around the same price as going with a Aftermarket Stereo but having to cut wires, likely lose the steering wheel interface, and have a non-stock like look.

I haven't done this upgrade yet but once all the parts are in stock I'll be ordering it. Just wanted to let all of you guy know about this find.