Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

New guy with Allroad problem (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:44 PM

Here's the latest, as of this afternoon...

The mechanic replaced the brake light switch, cleared all the codes and the ABS, EPS and self-leveling system warning lights all went out! However, the parts distributor sent him the wrong engine temp coolant sensor (again!) and the check engine light came back on... with that code and only that code.

BUT! The car still has much less power... as though the computer still has the engine in limp home mode. One thing I asked the mechanic to check was the parking brake... just in case it has failed "on" somehow. If that doesn't clear the low power issue, then I'll be forced to take the car to the dealer, some 60 miles away and 3 times more expensive!

Is there another possible issue with the low power thing? Maybe something related to the alternator replacement or brake light switch replacement. Some code that my mechanic can't see but the dealer can?

Thanks again folks!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 PM

The mechanic checked the parking brake and that's not the problem. He thinks the turbos are not kicking in at all. Great.

Any ideas?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:55 PM

Okay, my car is running normally again! The mechanic cleaned the turbo intakes and that cleared the low power problem. The turbos are spooling normally again.

He replaced the coolant temp sensor, but the check engine light didn't go out. Blech.

I don't care anymore. Today I started the process to buy a new car. Got pre-approved on a loan and will be taking action this weekend. Gotta detail the Audi before I sell it though.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:27 AM
1st Gear

Cleaned the turbo intake, eh? Sounds interesting. Not that I have any known problem, but maybe I should take a look into that. Do you know exactly what he did?

Good luck on the new car. I think you're doing the right thing.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by tbeaulieu
Cleaned the turbo intake, eh? Sounds interesting. Not that I have any known problem, but maybe I should take a look into that. Do you know exactly what he did?

Good luck on the new car. I think you're doing the right thing.
He didn't tell me the exact procedure. Must have been really simple, as he charged me very little for everything he did.

Got my eye on a couple different cars now. Will let ya'll know when the deal is done.

Thanks again!

Old 07-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Okay, the Allroad is gone. Traded it for a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 with 4.7L V8 and all the options. MUCH happier now.

Thanks again to all for the help!