Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

not your average suspension problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 11:22 AM
1st Gear
Default not your average suspension problem

i was driving down some farm roads last week and all of a sudden my suspension went lower then ive ever seen it before however, the ride height indicator is showing that i am at level 2. the car is undrivable at the moment because the tire is rubbing when i turn or hit a bump. when i had a bad bag it has never gotten this low, i do have nineteens on it.
im hoping someone has had a similar issue. im thinking that it must be a height sensor because if it was a leak, the display would show only the level one light blinking because it is trying to achieve that height. when i start the car up , it shows level 2 lights on, and the compressor is running, but no movement, not even a bit. when i hit the up button, the level three light will blink for a minute or two and then it will stop and the suspension light on cluster will illuminate.
any help will be appreciated but with all the signs as of right now, it leaves me to believe the height sensor or some other kind of electric problem. what problems are common with those sensors? thanks for your time!

Old 10-04-2013, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by allroadcat
i was driving down some farm roads last week and all of a sudden my suspension went lower then ive ever seen it before however, the ride height indicator is showing that i am at level 2. the car is undrivable at the moment because the tire is rubbing when i turn or hit a bump. when i had a bad bag it has never gotten this low, i do have nineteens on it.
im hoping someone has had a similar issue. im thinking that it must be a height sensor because if it was a leak, the display would show only the level one light blinking because it is trying to achieve that height. when i start the car up , it shows level 2 lights on, and the compressor is running, but no movement, not even a bit. when i hit the up button, the level three light will blink for a minute or two and then it will stop and the suspension light on cluster will illuminate.
any help will be appreciated but with all the signs as of right now, it leaves me to believe the height sensor or some other kind of electric problem. what problems are common with those sensors? thanks for your time!
what corner sits lowest? Inspect the level sensors at the lowest corner to make sure it is still attached, the flashing then solid light is the car failing to achieve the level, so there are no faults, but I have had one level sensor come un attached from the lower suspension arm, which extends the arm making it "think" it is high and expel all the air at that corner, dumping the car to the ground

regards

Andy