Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

!#$%$^%$#$ Open Sky !#@$!$^^

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: !#$%$^%$#$ Open Sky !#@$!$^^

Car is being worked on today. Turns out there were two noises, and NEITHER originated in the Open Sky! One was in the center console (the louder one that reverberated everywhere and SOUNDED like the Open Sky) and another was in my drivers' door panel near the b-pillar.

Now whether they actually fix it is going to be my litmus test for this dealership. Not to mention fixing it without causing other things to start making noise.

On a site note, I got a 2004 A4 1.8T for a loaner car, and it tripped 50K miles with me at the wheel. It's remarkably solid and quiet, especially for a 50K-mile loaner car...I can only hope my A3 is just as solid when it has that many miles on it.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: !#$%$^%$#$ stealership #@$!$^^

OK, after the tech went over with me in detail what he was going to do, I trusted him to get everything done. He was to tighten some bolts below the shifter in the center console, check a few specific places inside the driver's door and lubricate the rear seatback latches (which I didn't even insist).

I go to pick up the car and the paperwork only shows the work on the center console. He didn't touch the door and didn't lubricate the seatback latches. He also left early (before I arrived) and left no explanation and the door is still making noise on the way home. When I arrive at home, I then notice the paint protection film on my hood has a huge gash ripped out of it...something a rock would not have done without denting the hood. Of course I can't prove anyone at the stealership did it, since the drive home was 20 miles and I only noticed afterward.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: drumdork03

When I arrive at home, I then notice the paint protection film on my hood has a huge gash ripped out of it...something a rock would not have done without denting the hood. Of course I can't prove anyone at the stealership did it, since the drive home was 20 miles and I only noticed afterward.
I had a similar issue on my other car where there was damage on the car after I got home. In my case, I didn't notice it for a week or so, but I'm fairly certain it couldn't have happened except under thier care. After a week there's nothing I can do, so now I walk around my car and inspect it before I drop it off, and after I pick it up, just like a rental car.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

When I arrive at home, I then notice the paint protection film on my hood has a huge gash ripped out of it...something a rock would not have done without denting the hood. Of course I can't prove anyone at the stealership did it, since the drive home was 20 miles and I only noticed afterward.
Ouch – it is one thing if you cannot trust the salespeople, that is to be expected but with the cost of Audi service, you would demand that their service would be top notch.

Personally I would still go there and confront them. The worse they can do is to say “not our problem†– if they are a$$holes about it, and if you are married, just wait for your wife when it is that specialtime of the month and send her to do the ‘talking’ after eyes are being ripped off and limbs flying they will surely do something for you… [sm=lol.gif]

Sorry about your problems – car issues svcks[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

OK, after the tech went over with me in detail what he was going to do, I trusted him to get everything done. He was to tighten some bolts below the shifter in the center console, check a few specific places inside the driver's door and lubricate the rear seatback latches (which I didn't even insist).

I go to pick up the car and the paperwork only shows the work on the center console. He didn't touch the door and didn't lubricate the seatback latches. He also left early (before I arrived) and left no explanation and the door is still making noise on the way home. When I arrive at home, I then notice the paint protection film on my hood has a huge gash ripped out of it...something a rock would not have done without denting the hood. Of course I can't prove anyone at the stealership did it, since the drive home was 20 miles and I only noticed afterward.
You mean service advisor, not tech don't you? If you don't see it documented on paperwork call and verify if work was performed. Damage you need to contact the service advisor immediately, not drive it off the lot and then call later, they will easily contest it, unless it apparent it could have only happen by the tech working on the A3.
BTW paint guard is not bullet proof, it does tear with larger stones.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:48 PM
1st Gear

Because of the nature of the original issue, I spoke mainly to the technician, who left for the day before I arrived to verify things. The door adjustment was neither documented nor performed. I confronted them this morning on the paint protection issue. The gash looks like someone dug into the film with a hard brush - bristle indentations are obvious and it was ripped up in slits and the direction is transverse (not head-on as a rock would be). Not to mention no rock could tear up 1x2" of film without being big enough to leave a dent or two.

I'm fully expecting to have to pony up cash for that myself. Service advisor said she'd have the manager call me...of course I haven't heard anything yet and won't be holding my breath.

It really sucks that the next closest dealership is 90 minutes away from me...so far the closer one has been remarkably cordial and courteous on the front end but completely negligent in the quality of work.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:32 AM
1st Gear

Well drumdork03 I hope the service manager corrects the paint guard damage for you since it sounds like some kinda of man-made damage by your description that a careless tech caused rather then by stones.
Cheers!

Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 AM
1st Gear

omfg i got the same issues /cry

Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

Is the stealership going to fix the damage?

This makes me mad because I am going thru almost the same thing. I had my A3 in at the stealership for 1 week to get the fuel sensor replaced, I go and pick my car up after 1 week and notice this 7 inch deep engraved scratch on the paint, side of the gas tank. I caused a stink at the stealership when I saw that. A salesman came outside and told me that the service manager will call me and fix the issue.

Obviously he never called, and when i tried to call the stealership they would tell me he isnt around and the damage isnt from them, since they had the scratch circled when the car arrived. So, they are blaming it on the 1-800 roadside tow, which my car was towed to the dealership on.

After back and forth on the phone with 1-800 roadside and my Audi dealer, nobody is taking the blame for the damage. SO, I contacted Audi Corporate and pretty much blamed it all on the dealership, since they recommened 1-800 roadside for me, they are responsible for whoever did it.

After contacting Audi Corporate, the service manager calls me the same day and basically is rude and tells me they are not at FAULT for the damage.

So, as of now, I am filing a law-suit against the dealership thru "small claims court".

Old 11-20-2007, 01:35 PM
1st Gear

Holy reborn thread, Batman!

Luckily, the dealership reimbursed me fully, no questions asked. I was actually surprised - the supervisor never saw the damage no asked for a photo of it. So far their service department has at least been accommodating, which is more than I can say for theirlousy sales and parts people.

Quick Reply: !#$%$^%$#$ Open Sky !#@$!$^^