Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

07' A3 2.0T (AT) S Line: Can I get invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 05:29 AM
1st Gear
Default 07' A3 2.0T (AT) S Line: Can I get invoice?

Hey gang...

I'm possibly dumping my SUV (06' Nissan Armada) privately and the wife and I (it will be our only vehicle) are very interested in the Audi A3 (2.0Y A/T w/S Line package.

I know 08's are now on the lot...

I've also heard that there is currently a $1500 factory to dealer incentive going on...

So, that tells me that I *should* possibly be able to get at or even below (with the factory to dealer incentive) on the leftover 07's...

Anyone been dealing lately? Heading out for a test drive tonight or this weekend...

Many thanks for any help/info...

Mike

Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 AM
Default RE: 07' A3 2.0T (AT) S Line: Can I get invoice?

I just got my 07 A3for $800 under advertized invoice. (you can never know the "real deal")
So you may be right about the incentive. Lean and mean German Machine...Super car.

Good Luck.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:24 AM
1st Gear

haudy - thanks for your quick reply...

I've been doing a bit more research here tonight (at work) and have found that my bank (USAA) has a car buying program...trying it out with Audi in SoCal, I can get anything for $100 over invoice with no hassle...so, I'm not too bad off to start with...but that $800 below invoice sure sounds good too...

Started out looking at the Toyota Matrix / Pontiac Vibe / Hyundai Santa Fe or Veracruzcrowd...I know you guys are laughing at me for that...but now, I'm wanting the A3 something awful! However, it's just a tad more than I wanted to spend after taxes, etc.....

Still debating...though I'm sure the test-drive will have me signing the papers immediately upon return

Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: mikethewxguy

Still debating...though I'm sure the test-drive will have me signing the papers immediately upon return
After driving those others? You bet your sweet a$$ it will.
Nothing against those other cars, but it's not exactly apples to apples.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:16 AM
1st Gear

oh yeah, I know....trust me....really I do!

I could pretty much buy 2 Vibes for the cost of the A3

I'm a couple hours away from the nearest Audi dealer though...so we'll see...definitelygoing to give it a hard look / test drive before making a decision...

Old 08-31-2007, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: mikethewxguy

I'm a couple hours away from the nearest Audi dealer
Have you ever owned a VAG (volkswagen audi group) car before?
If not, I'm just going to be honest with you.
VW's and Audi's (and really any german car) are great cars. But they tend to have issues with little niggly things like window switches, trim pieces, small mechanical issues like ac condensors, maf sensors, etc. I'm not saying that every car is going to be plagued by these problems, but the chance of you needing to visit your dealer once in a while is higher than japanese vehicles. It's really not bad, but the chance is there. Some will argue with me but I've owned 7 new cars in 10 years. And that's not including my wife's cars, my brothers cars, and friends cars who all have the same opinion. But I still keep coming back to Audi, so that says something. I'm willing to deal with the occasional visit to the dealer because I love everything else about their cars. Usually anything I want them to take a look at is something I can just wait until the next service for. But VAG is usually not a "drive it and forget about it" type car like a boring japanese car. Just something to think about before you commit to a dealership that is a couple hours away.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

Mike:

I bought my '07 A3 2.0T for 1500 under dealer invoice back at the end of June. I've always found that if one does their homework, they can usually out buy those car buying services. (BTW, I'm a USAA member too). If you're looking in SoCal, I highly recommend contracting Jerry Loh at Penske. I admittedly hate car salesmen, but he was extremely honest and straight forward. I'll bet he'll be able to work you the best deal. Only problem for you might be that you'll either have to drive a long way to pick one up, or just have one trucked to you and pay transport (not sure where you like).

Best of luck.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

d2mini

You made some great points for sure, and thank you for posting the information. It's very true that I'll be a couple hours away from the nearest Audi dealer, should I need to bring her in for anything (including scheduled maintenance)...I'm going to have to really think hard about all of this for sure.

One good (or bad) thing is that I do move around a lot (Military)...so, I could even be in Germany this time next year...who knows. I could also be at a place like I'm at now (Fort Irwin...out near Barstow, CA) and be 2hrs away from anything and everything.

ChrisF1:

Thanks for the info on the price you got back in June...seems like I should be able to get something close to that I guess. I guess only time will tell We were possibly stopping by Penske tonight actually, so I'll be sure to ask for Jerry Loh. I'm like you, I usually hate most all salesman as well...the last several cars I have owned I have actually negotiated strictly via email...

I'm actually selling my wife's car (07 Honda Fit) and my truck (06 Nissan Armada) privately. Well, the Fit is 99.99% for sure sold...and I am meeting someone to possibly sell the Armada tomorrow evening...I

I love the Armada size and power...but hate the MPG and the bit of negative equity I currently have in it. I sold my wife's car (the Fit) because it just does not have enough power, and even though I enjoy driving it...it just isn't for me...

And the reason we are selling the Fit and the Armada is because my wife hates the Armada...so it was really coming to the decision that we could live with only 1 vehicle anyway...so we have to come to agreement on one car...and so far (on paper anyway) the A3 is at the top for both of us...

Old 08-31-2007, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

ChrisF1:

I actually just realized that I emailed a salesman at Penske Audi last night (I work nights)...Nathan Lloyd (I also CC'd both sales managers as well)...I see Kevin's name on the webpage now, I just randomly picked Nathan...

I asked them for their absolute best price on the A3 - so we'll see what they respond with today. Won't be able to come by until late this evening though...

Old 08-31-2007, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

Mike:

I think Jerry is one of several internet guys. Just remember, if you don't like dealing with any particular salesman, try another. I did my entire deal with Jerry over email and the phone, walked it, wrote a check and drove home. No BS; no addon fees; nothing. Hope your experience with Nathan is equally as positive.

Quick Reply: 07' A3 2.0T (AT) S Line: Can I get invoice?