AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   08 A3 DSG launch problem (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/08-a3-dsg-launch-problem-130456/)

GA2008A3 04-21-2009 12:22 PM

08 A3 DSG launch problem

I have a problem with a rough launch after driving in stop and go traffic or after 20 minutes of highway driving. Prior to that the launches from stop smoothly.

The car “jerks” upon attempting to move forward. No amount of “soft” throttle engagement seems to help the situation.
Also when coming to a stop, the rpm’s “dip” below the idle setting then surge above idle until settling down to idle (about 800 rpm). Sometimes the clutch seems to disengage at the last minute almost as if the engine were going to stall.

fabsbsd 04-22-2009 03:05 PM

My 09 DSG works fine, I dont have those kind of issues,

well, its only 6,000 km, so its brand new...

eltonsi 04-24-2009 08:01 AM

Do a search on vwvortex. Pretty common problem that most DSG owners have learned to live with.

Zintradi 04-24-2009 07:06 PM

yah, i have those exact same problems and took it to the dealer and was given the pat response that this is normal... I got the tech to admit that the 09 has an updated control unit which is why it shifts much more smoothly... They could problably get into the control software and modify things to work better, but nothing has come down from on high at Audi so they wont touch it. I think the only true relief us 08 owners have is to get a third party flash such as that offered by HPA.

GA2008A3 04-25-2009 10:12 AM

Will try the dealer anyway

Thanks for the info. I intend to take it in in the next 2 weeks and attempt to have this resolved. Will report on what happens. Forewarned is forearmed. :D

audia3jay 04-26-2009 10:23 PM

This also happen to me just today. I had the ac on with everything. I was backing up into a parking space then shift it to drive to put it straight in and the car just shut off on me. I was like wtf. I guess i would have to get a third party flash. If i knew this i would have bought the 09 model. I just bought the a3 3.2 s-line only 1 month ago.

GA2008A3 05-08-2009 11:46 AM

Update on launch problem

Took the car into the dealer on May 1st. They decided to replace “mechatronic control unit”. Unfortunately, the part has not arrived from Germany yet but at least I have an A4 loaner until it does arrive.

GA2008A3 05-20-2009 09:15 PM

Quick Update

Got the car back today. Installed a new Mechatronic Control unit (electo-hydraulic control) under warranty. Had a loaner for almost 3 weeks awaiting part. Had to R&R rear motor mount and trans pan. Haven't driven it myself yet. Will report next week on results. Fingers crossed.

GA2008A3 06-09-2009 02:36 PM

DSG launch problem resolved

The new “mechatronic control unit” is just what the doctor ordered. First clue was backing up. Never could back up before without surging. That is gone. Took a while to pry wife’s hands off the steering wheel so I could take it for a good run as the problem only appears after the trans is good and hot. Confirmed that abrupt clutch engagement, surging and the idle dipping at stop are gone also. :)