Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2006 A3 Sunshades

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

you got instruction on how to install the rear roller? And the rear just requires 8A?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 AM
1st Gear

8A is right. To make sure contact Jeff at audiusaparts.com they are very nice. About the installation, I just looked at the inside of my Audi, and did it, very easy. Next time I'll make sure to make a video of the whole process. You only need a set of pliers to do the job. If you can change the front roller blind bow, you'll be able to change the rear.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 AM
1st Gear

Hey so i have an 06 A3 3.2 . and i am having the same problem. really hoping you guys are still around on this forum.
my front sunblind has a broken clip and i cant seem to find it anywhere.
help me out?
and also i think that mine might need a whole new bow, ill include a pic of it when i get a chance.

THANKS! hope to hear form you soon!

Old 05-18-2013, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

Hello,

I purchased the parts for the sunshades from audiusaparts.com . They are fantastic.
Check the pics in previous postings on this matter. The bow & clip are one part.

Lionel---

Old 05-19-2013, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

wow really, cuz idk what you spend but i looked and they want $154!
that's ridiculous.....

Old 05-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Maybe you are not looking at the same parts, or you are looking at another website we have but doesn't have the right pricing. For best pricing check audiusaparts.com and the prices should be correct. If not, we have to correct them manually on the few instances where pricing is incorrect. And we do appreciate hearing about those situations so we can correct them.

At this time the front sunshade 7a is 126.48 and the rear one 8a is 110.11, the 12 or 13 numbered item on the picture on the previous post is 44.64 for either the front or rear repair kit.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

Hi jeff!
I just bought an A3, 2006 2.0 and have the same issue with the sunroof shade on the rear one. The clip seems to be broken and i am not sure how much does it cost to get it fixed, with a dealership. Guessing not cheap,,,,

Do you still have these in stock? Can I get the kit ordered for the rear sunroof?

Originally Posted by Jeff-AudiUSAParts
I'd need a vin to figure out what to get you, but here are the pictures of the sunroof and rolling shade parts:

Here is the entire roof:

Below is the color picture of 7A, which is up abovei. It has the latch in the center that locks and releases the shade:

Below is #12, these look to be the guides on the ends of the previous picture, that support 7A.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:50 PM
1st Gear

If it's for the side windows there is a clip, or hook, towards the top to hold the shade up. Those are 8.62 each. For the shades on the roof, there are repair kits that have plastic T shaped parts that look like they go on the outer ends of the roller shades. If those break I'm sure it's going to cause a problem and we do sell a few of these kits. They are different from front to rear, they run 12.46 each and that has the 2 clips in it to repair just one sunshade. If in doubt I can send a picture to you of what is in this kit.
Jeff, I have a similar need. The clipping mechanism on the front shade has broken off. I'm hoping that you would be able to order a part for me as well. Let me know if you can and I will send you the VIN.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A3 sunroof and rolling shade parts

Dear Jeff… I wanna know if you can still order me this 7A & 8A parts for our Audi A3… please email us at ramonangelonyla@gmail.com cell 323.804.8659

I'd need a vin to figure out what to get you, but here are the pictures of the sunroof and rolling shade parts:

Here is the entire roof:

Below is the color picture of 7A, which is up above. It has the latch in the center that locks and releases the shade:

Below is #12, these look to be the guides on the ends of the previous picture, that support 7A.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:02 PM
1st Gear
Cool

I never realized how easy it is to get to the rear sunshade bow. Just angling the bow allows you to raise the guide above the channel and TADA... the bow comes down for easy access. After removing the guides, it slides off the screen to the right with ease.

So now I have the bow separated and I see where the clip broke. I have the broken part, which lines up perfectly... so I expect all I'd need to do is glue it. The part number I looked up from my beige interior trim, "8P4 877 307 C 79S", is for the whole bow, which is about $150. Yikes.

I'm ordering some Loctite Epoxy Plastic Bonder. This stuff is supposed to be super for this kind of application. The stresses aren't all that significant (the pull of the roller spring), so I'm hoping it'll do the job. I'll post pics if I'm successful.

Quick Reply: 2006 A3 Sunshades