Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2008 Audi A3 2.0 TDi service reset problem

Old 12-06-2011, 08:15 AM
1st Gear
Unhappy 2008 Audi A3 2.0 TDi service reset problem

Hi all.

I have just serviced my Audi A3 2008. Proceeding to reset service light as instructed in the owner’s manual. Switching the ignition on then pulling on the right hand button until service appeared on the dash then released, and then pulled on button until I got --------- on the dash. Spanner symbol went out. Turned the ignition off then back on. Service due has re appeared? It has reset the time and mileage for oil change but not the service due.
Then I decided to try and reset the service light on my friends SPi diagnostic tool, seemed to work with the computer acknowledging service reset and spanner symbol disappearing. But then again after ignition off the service due appears again with service in 5000 m and minus 100 days?
I’m I simply doing something wrong? Or is it a case diagnostic will not do it even though it says it has? Or will I have to go to main dealer?
Help on this would be greatly appreciated as this is really bugging me. Hope someone can help.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:07 AM
1st Gear

Hi,

What you need to do is carry out the Oil Reset (Longlife if required) then you also need to perform a Time and Distance reset. This is a common question and that year of A3 is always an issue for people who do not know that there are 2 reset procedures required. The SPi has the ability to do all of these functions from the Instruments or Service Reset Menu.

Hope this helps,
SP Diagnostics

Originally Posted by Dyfan001
Hi all.

I have just serviced my Audi A3 2008. Proceeding to reset service light as instructed in the owner’s manual. Switching the ignition on then pulling on the right hand button until service appeared on the dash then released, and then pulled on button until I got --------- on the dash. Spanner symbol went out. Turned the ignition off then back on. Service due has re appeared? It has reset the time and mileage for oil change but not the service due.
Then I decided to try and reset the service light on my friends SPi diagnostic tool, seemed to work with the computer acknowledging service reset and spanner symbol disappearing. But then again after ignition off the service due appears again with service in 5000 m and minus 100 days?
I’m I simply doing something wrong? Or is it a case diagnostic will not do it even though it says it has? Or will I have to go to main dealer?
Help on this would be greatly appreciated as this is really bugging me. Hope someone can help.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:14 AM
1st Gear
Default How do you reset service light indicator Audi A3

Hear it is the procedure how to reset service light indicator Audi A3. If you like to reset any maintenance oil light after an oil change, or reset check engine light, airbag light, inspection key or insp errors when maint reqd, for Audi cars.
http://resetservicelight.com/reset-s...cator-audi-a3/

Or any warning light for service reminders which appears on the display.