Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 concert radio steering wheel remote question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:52 PM
1st Gear
Default A3 concert radio steering wheel remote question

I have a 2009 A3 with a concert radio and steering wheel remote.

Whenever I turn the left control wheel in the steering wheel, my concert radio starts to 'search' stations... (doing the same thing as pushing the little remote control wheel)

I would expect the radio to switch to the next (or previous) programmed radio station depending on the direction one turns the left wheel.

Can anyone enlighten me what it should do, tell me how yours works or point me to an English downloadable manual for the Concert radio

thanks
Ignace / Belgium

Old 03-21-2009, 04:46 PM
1st Gear

stockychaser - I have the same issue and have yet to figure it out. Wish there was a preset channel select scroller/toggle on the wheel.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:37 AM
1st Gear

the thing is.. I checked with 2 other Audi cars,

One has an Audi A4, with an older concert radio where the 5 programs are horizontally at the bottom line and his remote wheel goes flawlessly from left to right true the pre programmed stations.

Then I had my dealer check a brand new A3 convertible (with a more expensive larger square display radio system) and indeed the left steering radio remote wheel, goes perfectly from one pre-programmed station to the other (in this case up or down as well as switching from the left side of the screen to the right side vertical list of pre-programmed stations, like on our Concert radio)

Seems Audi might have a BUG here in their system,
Also.. the real time fuel metering drives me up the wall, never ever did I have such a slow responding system in a car nor a system that indicates 2.8 L/100 km when idling at the traffic lights

Old 04-20-2009, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

I'm guessing no one else has figured it out yet

Left hand scroll wheel still won't change amongst presets

Old 04-21-2009, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by stockychaser
I have a 2009 A3 with a concert radio and steering wheel remote.

Whenever I turn the left control wheel in the steering wheel, my concert radio starts to 'search' stations... (doing the same thing as pushing the little remote control wheel)

I would expect the radio to switch to the next (or previous) programmed radio station depending on the direction one turns the left wheel.

Can anyone enlighten me what it should do, tell me how yours works or point me to an English downloadable manual for the Concert radio

thanks
Ignace / Belgium
did you manage to solve this problem?i have the same issue.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:36 AM
1st Gear

NO NO NO and NO....
I went to my dealer several times and even called the importer/distributor... the importer told me to go into the on-board computer screens... to select radio mode, but that menu / option is simply not there...

does anybody has a customer service number of AUDI in Germany.. I don't mind calling them direct or sending them a fax.. this must be a bug as it works like we expect it to work on other AUDI's !!

(besides let's all be honest what else did we order & pay for the option.. we ought to be able to change preset stations and change volume (which we can))

Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 AM
1st Gear

Does anybody have an English manual for the radio/steering wheel remote ?
Mine is in Dutch and it's vague..
I've been searching the web for a downloadable English PDF or so , but can't find one.
By experience, I know Dutch manuals are poorly translated therefore I would like to read the English version of the steering wheel remote functions

Old 04-22-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by stockychaser
Does anybody have an English manual for the radio/steering wheel remote ?
Mine is in Dutch and it's vague..
I've been searching the web for a downloadable English PDF or so , but can't find one.
By experience, I know Dutch manuals are poorly translated therefore I would like to read the English version of the steering wheel remote functions
audi here in greece gives me no solution for the problem.i have the manual in greek and it says nothing about changing preset stations from the steering wheel.they say( from audi) it works with this problem.anybody help us?

Last edited by kontorgr; 04-22-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:21 AM
1st Gear

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we are all pretty sharp people and if we can't figure it out, it was most likely a GROSS oversight by audi and that the feature doesn't exist. I had a 96 olds that could do it but my 09 audi won't? Not good....

Old 04-23-2009, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

I tried my 2007 A3 this morning. The wheel goes either up or down the presets and pushing it goes into search mode. I have the standard radio.

Quick Reply: A3 concert radio steering wheel remote question