Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 concert radio steering wheel remote question

Old 04-23-2009, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

Hi Rowdy, thanks for trying this out and letting us know !
Yours does exactly what I think mine should be doing !!!
..this makes my belief that this is a 'BUG' stronger !!

Old 04-23-2009, 04:38 PM

help??

Old 04-24-2009, 09:30 AM
1st Gear

Yea hmm rowdys is working as expected ... When I scroll on my 09 , it starts some sort of convoluted search. Depressing the wheel tries to access my phone or something

Old 04-26-2009, 12:57 PM

On the Concert radio with steering wheel control buttons (which I have in my A3 2.0T FSI DSG), make sure that the TP (Traffic Program) function on the radio is swithced off to avoid unexpected auto searches. If not, tune the TP function properly on the radio (if you live in an area where local radio stations utilise the TP signal technology). With the TP function switched on, the radio goes into a search for a TP-enabled station and will continue to search until it finds a station with a TP signal whereonto it will lock. If your local radio stations do not use the technology, be sure to keep the TP function switched off. When the TP function switched off, the search pauses at simply the next radio station found. It would seem that DEPRESSING the control activates search, while TURNING the control, simply switches to the next pre-tuned station. This is how mine works and it is not a problem to me. In Johannesburg, South Africa, where I work, only Classic FM uses the technology. Two other radio stations in the area (Talk Radio 702 and Jacaranda) are planning to implement the technology only later in 2009. Maybe this tip helped?

Last edited by czanikbt; 04-26-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Double-checked afterwards, and found the original description incomplete
Old 04-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Can anyone say whether the gala function (automatically louder when road noise increases and vice versa) on the Concert radio functions well in your vehicles? The gala volume scale on mine is set to maximum (5) but the radio does not seem to automatically adjust the volume at all (automatically softer when the vehicle is stationary and louder when the vehicle is in motion).

Old 04-28-2009, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

czani - thanks for the update - so you are saying that if I turn TP off, the scroll wheel will shift between the user defined presets? How do you turn off TP?

Old 04-30-2009, 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=salty;1079338]czani - thanks for the update - so you are saying that if I turn TP off, the scroll wheel will shift between the user defined presets? How do you turn off TP?[/QUOT i tried this too without solution.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:46 PM
1st Gear

kontorgr - yea I don't think the wheel works as we want - I'm guessing it's a bug

Old 05-17-2009, 03:18 PM
1st Gear

TP on or off, makes a difference in how the radio searches... it however does NOT allow to switch between the user programmed stations as it works on other Audi's
I find this most annoying !
I'm thinking of calling Germany direct tomorrow, trying to get some answer, as my dealer is clearly not coming with a solution.

I also had the possibility to check on another Audi I saw in the parking lot of a gas station and that 2009 Audi A3 did the same thing as mine

Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 AM

I have another question:
I got my brand new A3 last year and when I ordered it I was stupid enough not to order the remote control steering wheel with my concert radio/cd player.
My question is if it is posible to upgrade my steering wheel and how much it would cost?
Anybody?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A3 concert radio steering wheel remote question