Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3, DSG, Power capacity

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Default A3, DSG, Power capacity

What is the max rated working power for the DSG in the A3?

I found several posts where this is asked but no actual answers.

I like the A3 but I want something with more power that still has the DSG Transmission and doesn't cost $50k plus. Modding the A3 seem to be the best option but how much can the DSG handle?

I also saw something about an S3, is that just the V6 A3, or is there an S3 coming to the US?

Any chance of an RS3 coming here?

Old 03-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Default RE: A3, DSG, Power capacity

Welcome!

I'm not sure that I've ever seen any information on just how much torque the DSG will handle? Many have done the Stage II chip, full exhaust, CAI, and high octane gas with no problems. If you are thinking of the BIG turbo kit than you might just make the DSG the weak point. We need someone to test the limits, so jump on board and be the first. BTW, that is one of the reasons that I have the manual transmission.

Oh, and no S3 or RS3 coming here for a while, if at all. Keep dreaming like the rest of us.

Cheers!

Old 03-15-2007, 02:04 AM
2nd Gear

Last week the boys from BAMA were in town (goapr).
You talk about traveling in style, they had one of the biggest semi trailers i've ever seen [8D]live in quarters sleep 4 adults, oh and in the rear hold compartment they had the sema gti 400hp, andthis blue porsche 700 hp. I spoke to them about the dsg turbo ko4 and they said germany is still testing for the dsg application, standing next to that gti was amazing. The intake tube is soo big around its probably twice the dia. of the evoms in carbon.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:08 PM

Thanks for the Welcome, and thanks for the input. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, I love the audi styling and the DSG is wicked fun, I used to love driving a stick, but the DSG has spoiled me. Like you said though the Manual has its benifits.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Bigred
Thanks for the Welcome, and thanks for the input. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, I love the audi styling and the DSG is wicked fun, I used to love driving a stick, but the DSG has spoiled me. Like you said though the Manual has its benifits.
It all depends. DSG is an absolutely gorgeous transmission, no doubt about it. But the excitement will wear off, if you're anything like other stick-crazed drivers (like me). It's just not the same. I'm glad I went for the manual on my A3.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:55 PM

My problem I'm at now is when I'm driving because of the DSG I can just switch it to automatic mode and let the car shift for me, when I'm in stop and go traffic, or trying to drink my morning coffee, Ihave actually noticed this a couple of time and breathed a nice sigh thinking isn't technology wonderful.

I've gotten tooused to this.

The s-line comes with DSG doesn't it, I imagine the same we have, and its putting out 250 HP, so thats got to be safe. 50 extra HP on a FWD car should be plenty. Right now at WOT in first gear I'm spinning the wheels already up through 6k RPM on dry pavement.