AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   A3 Purchase this Saturday (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/a3-purchase-saturday-22152/)

kayaker 12-30-2005 12:49 AM

A3 Purchase this Saturday

Newbie here! I have been lurking for weeks on this forum. This Saturday I have a chance to pick up a 2006 A3, white, biege leather, premium, cold package, bose sound system, blue tooth, open sky, DSG, with more extras than I would have preffered for about 1500 to 2000 grand over invoice. Meaning for just about 30 grand give or take a couple hundred. Any advice would be appreciated. The Edmonds lists invoice with these options at about 28, 500. Is 1500 to 2000 over invoice a decent deal. I am turning in a 1998 toyota 4 runner that kelly blue book says is worth 8 grand. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Bob

kayaker 12-30-2005 12:56 AM

RE: A3 Purchase this Saturday

I forgot to mention it is a 2.0. Not the Q with a a 6. I know from watching here that the Q 2.0 is very desirable. I'd love the Q but not that concerned given I could trade it in, in a couple of years for a Q if they ever produce one for the States. It is a sweet ride, and where I am in Oregon the snow and ice is only a few days of the year.

Do any of you have a sense of what the extra weight of a Q drive would do to the performance of of the FWD 2.O. Given the reports from road and track, it seems the Q (while highly desired) might not be a benifit on average if driving on wet and dry roads only. You are great, I love this site.
Bob

kayaker 12-30-2005 01:05 AM

Sorry for theh multiple posts, this is happening quite quickly. I assume the ED program I have seen alluded to meand Emplyee Discount that may or may not happen in May of 2006. What are the sources of this ED program, and can I expect to use it to my advantage at all in negotiating wiht the only dealer Portland Oregon has. Any Portland people out here that have dealt with Sunset Imports offer any impressions of there dealings? It sucks to have only one Audi dealer for a major metropolitian area with 3 million residents.
Bob

kog01 02-18-2006 07:40 PM

I am wondering at what price did you end up getting the car at?
how was the bluetooth setup? did you have to order it to get the bluetooth?
thanks

Carlito 02-21-2006 04:30 PM

Hi, i just registered as a member. I am very close to buying a new A3 sportback sport 2.0 Tdi. The only thing that concerns me is that it will be too similar to VW's. I have had many VW's before and they are all the same. The service is AWFUL, and interior is quite tacky and they are really boring to drive. I was just wondering if anyone could inform me whether there are a lot of distinct differences or not between audi's and Vw's. Thanks

Carlito

crusader 02-22-2006 11:36 AM

Cannot comment on the service, but Audi is a prestige marque, so service should be five star. The engine is identical to the VW, but when you are on the road, you know you are in an Audi.....huge difference. Cabin fittings and interior is out the top draw, this Audi being famous for. Strange you should find the VW interior tacky, as they also have a reputation as the class leader. Take an A3 for a test drive and see for yourself.

Carlito 02-23-2006 07:27 PM

Thanks for the reply. I at the moment have an alfa romeo, and i find the interior quality better in that, than i did in VW's. I know what you mean, VW are 'known' for good quality, but having seen the new mark 5 golf, i really disagree, some parts dont even seem to fit perfectly!. I think the audi looks better, more expensive and classier, and i am excited about the prospect of getting an audi. As i said my only concern was that it would feel like driving a VW.