Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

After Market Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:31 PM
1st Gear
Default After Market Air Filter

i got an Audi A3 2.0 FSi Sport...and was wondering which after market performance air filter i need to buy.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: After Market Air Filter

air filter or intake system? Air filter, just get a k&n drop in if thats what you are after. If you want an intake, that opens up a whole bunch of options...Neuspeed i'm partial too...well cause i have one. EVO makes an intake that is quite popular around here, k&n has one coming out very soon, Chef can tell you all about. Carbonio probably makes the prettiest one, but doesn't really do anything to add power. There are others too, i'm sure someone else can complete the list.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

I've been meaning to ask what does teh K&N filter do? It gains more HP?

I've got the Neuspeed CAI, it gains HP, however I dont like the sound it makes..

Old 01-31-2007, 10:16 PM
1st Gear

what would give me more hp intake system or air filter?

Old 02-01-2007, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

filter wont do much at all, maybe 1-3hp or so, if that. Some of the intakes claim around 10-15hp, and with a proper turbo back exhaust, it may indeed do that, but by itself, i can't notice much difference besides sound.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:28 AM

A CAI will add horsepower on our cars, but it might not be as much as the manufacturers claim. K&N dyno'd my car and said that it gained 20hp. Hmmm...I don't think so. But, I could definitely feel a good difference after I had it installed. You can hear the DV now and the sound of the intake, which some might not like. Personally, with my TB exhaust and the CAI the car sounds like a sports car.

Cheers!

Old 02-01-2007, 03:58 AM
1st Gear

Hey ronakc
I just bought a neuspeed CAI, so I no longer need my K&N filter. It has ~18k on it (they have a "million" mile warranty). I think I paid ~$42 for the filter and another $12 or so for the oil/cleaner.
I'll sell the filter element, the cleaning solution and re-charge oil for, say, $15+shipping. Cheap way for you to decide if the K&N meets your needs or not...
LMK

Old 02-01-2007, 04:02 AM
1st Gear

ahhh...sorry ronakc. I just noticed that you're in London, England. I doubt I could send the oil/cleaner by air. Besides, with the cost of shipping, you'll probably be $$ ahead to buy a new one there in the UK.
Sorry mate.
However, if anyone else is interested...

Old 02-01-2007, 04:52 AM

I'll buy it for $15 plus shipping (if shipping cost is reasonable).

email me at not_sure88-auto@yahoo.com and we'll work out the details.

thanks,

doug

Old 02-01-2007, 05:50 AM
1st Gear

on these turbo audis, a simple cold air and a good exhaust will do wonders, i would go with a K&N system, just make sure you get a water diverter valve, you dont want to get hyrdolocked [:@]

Quick Reply: After Market Air Filter