AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   APR Downpipe Review (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/apr-downpipe-review-62917/)

Audinam 05-08-2007 05:25 AM

APR Downpipe Review

so i took my A3 to Group5 today here in San Diego, I prepaid for 1.5 hours of install for just the APR downpipe, not the full turboback, but it took them 2 hours to install it, saved a few bucks there. :D once i got my car back, turned on the engine........oh shiat!!!!!!!!! i can hear my exhaust so much louder, keep in mind that i only installed the downpipe, I still have the 2.5" stock catback, but i can hear more air blowing through those pipes, i reved up the engine, it sounds sweet. Next, i have to drive it to Pure Motorsports in Temecula to do my reflash. on the way, i punched it a few times just to see how the boost is.i was boosting 23psi and holding at 21......i'm a happy camper. them i met up with Mike at PureMS and reflashed the ecu for me. really cool guy, i'm definatly coming to him for further mods.Mike found out the my AWE boost gauge that i bought from A3Night is shows 3 PSI's lower than the actual reading, so it's good to know that i'm boosting 23 and holding 21, i drove around town all day long without my stereo on and windows rolled down just to listen to my car.

ok, so re: the AWE boost gauge, what should i do to fix the problem? is it the connection? or the gauge itself?

evoic 05-08-2007 07:06 AM

RE: APR Downpipe Review

[sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif]

i3uddha 05-08-2007 02:09 PM

mmmm nice......

WHERES THE SOUND / VIDEO CLIPS ????

stryker 05-08-2007 03:30 PM

Hey nam that will get louder and might droon a little later after you break her in.
That what my ghl started doing at about 9k miles. Then again i have a TB 3' system might be the difference?? Good luck.

evoic 05-08-2007 03:57 PM

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Now THAT is one sexy-azz A3.

Nicely done, my man. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Audinam 05-08-2007 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: i3uddha

WHERES THE SOUND / VIDEO CLIPS ????

sorry, i don't have a camera or video camera anymore, my sister borrowed for Australia

my car will never look as good at Styker's :(

RasLion 05-08-2007 05:53 PM

Stryker is thee local pimp down in Miami... he has got major cash flow :)

stryker 05-08-2007 07:21 PM

After all your the oneevoic who taught me to load up pics when i first started, thanks again, and forbeing the pimp in the MIA (305) i dont know about that???[8D][8D]

Audinam 05-09-2007 03:03 AM

I just found out that my exhaust now kinda burbles a bit, kinda odd, but i like it.

RasLion 05-09-2007 05:56 AM

This is a noob question but what are the benefits of adding a downpipe vs a completely new exhaust?