Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

APR tune question

Old 05-30-2016, 03:49 PM
1st Gear
Default APR tune question

Hey guys I just recently bought myself a preowned 2015 A3. A buddy of mine bought an S3 at the same time and he has since gotten the APR stage 1 tune done and has been telling me that I should get one also. I've looked up about it and it seems for the most part everyone that has gotten it done is pretty happy with it but I figured I'd post something on here and get some feedback. It came with the original warranty plus the certified preowned stuff and only has 7200 miles and I know from reading about it that doing the APR tune will void the warranty so I've been kind of on the fence about going ahead with it. Thanks for the input!

Old 06-02-2016, 01:59 PM
2nd Gear

I have an older A3 but Stage 1 was worth every penny!

In regards to warranty - either find a dealer that will work with you (rare) or find a tuning shop that will allow you to tune and de-tune the car as need before service visits so that your car will not be flagged as tuned.

There is also another company that provides you with a dongle that allows you to select from different tunes (in case you can get your hands on some racing gas). This way you can always set everything back to stock before going in for a service visit. Check 'em out --> Eurodyne | Products

Old 06-03-2016, 01:52 PM
1st Gear
Default Be weary

I personally would wait until you are absolutely sure about the upgrade before installing and losing your warranty. Either that or wait until your warranty is up before installing it.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:00 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2015 A3 2.0T and did the APR stage 1, 3 weeks ago. The warranty debate was a tough one at first. The shop that did the tune will put the stock tune back on for warranty work, and the dealer I go to will not scan the car unless absolutely required. I just had to replace the HP fuel pump (dealer thinks it failed due to the tune) I am not sure if it started leaking before hand or not. They replaced the pump and said they cannot do that part again if it fails. I am going to stage 2 tomorrow afternoon with the CTS downpipe and APR intake and TCU tune. I have decided to accept the fact that I want to go fast and it comes at some risk of breaking stuff. The shop doing the tune will take all back to stock for me (downpipe and factory tunes) for their labor cost.

Stage 1 this is easy to manage. Just software it wakes the car up big time and is not a great risk.

Stage 2 is going to be a little more difficult to hide but, I still think it's worth it.

Side note: I have a small auto garage and have the scanner for my car. I also have a father who is willing to labor on my broken buggies. We call it quality time. My opinion may be different than yours because of this but, stage 1 is a no brainer. Just don't let the car be scanned until your tune if off of it. Even my dealer wont ignore the code and they are pretty cool dudes.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:29 PM
1st Gear

APR screwed me around for 3 months so I got a revo stage2 and a Apr downpipe typhoon intake and MF exhaust.Well my 11a3 responded so well it caused me to get a spec billet clutch and ECS short throw. Soon as the clutch is broke in I'm hooking up the meth system and tuning for a Dyno session.That controller sits in the center console. Boost juice in the reservoir .

Attached Thumbnails APR tune question-image.jpg  
Old 09-19-2016, 01:15 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2013 A3 2.0T. It has a Magnaflow catback and Pipercross air filter. The APR-authorized dealer recommended removing the resonator on the stock downpipe and going with a Stage 1 tune. The extra power is remarkable. Going to Stage 2 with an APR downpipe would add only a few more hp and tq at high cost.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

The Apr Downpipe removed so much restriction I was glad I did it,yes it was expensive but It worked well with the stage two revo and the magna flow removed the rest of the restriction unfortunately the power was too much for the stock clutch and now I have a spec clutch it's almost broke in and the alky meth system will add power and gaurd against detonation by boosting the octane

Attached Thumbnails APR tune question-image.jpg  
Old 11-12-2016, 11:37 PM
1st Gear

Anybody know of a place in the Colorado Springs area that does the tunes?

Old 11-13-2016, 08:18 AM
1st Gear

Go to APR's website to find authorized dealers.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:49 PM
2nd Gear

I live also in Colorado Springs and got A3 tuned with these guys. Highly recommend them:

CONCOURS MOTORSPORT

They are on the west side of i-25