Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

audi a3 2007 air condicioning recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Default audi a3 2007 air condicioning recall

Hi there,

I had to take my a3 to audi because my the air conditioning was not working properly. They told me that
there was a recall of a3 with that problem. Then they called me back telling me that everything was fine, that
the car was not on that recall and that they found the problem.

Did you guys have any problem with this?

Thanks!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:41 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: audi a3 2007 air condicioning recall

I've had no problem yet although i noticed today that the a/c wasnt working up to form maybe b/c it has been so friggin hot in MD recently either way I am taking it in for the 5000 mile check up on monday I will ask the dealership and get back to you.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:05 PM

I don't know about a recall, but the Zexel air conditioning unit was discontinued and replaced with the Denso after the initial year. I have the old unit and I'm hoping it blows before the warranty is up. I now run more with my air conditioner on than normal because I'm hoping that extra wear helps. I think it is more of a TSB than an actual recall. They won't do anything unless it's not working. I know because I tried.

Cheers!

Old 08-04-2007, 05:15 PM
1st Gear

my ac is somewhat working but its sometimes smeels bad.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:49 AM
2nd Gear

Chef, where can I look to see if my A3 has the Zexel or Denso? Is it stamped on the compressor?

Thanks!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:06 AM

Yes.

You'll have to remove the small plastic underbelly pan, like you're doing an oil change. The manufacturer and id number will be visible from underneath.

Cheers!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:50 AM
1st Gear

Most (if not all) of the 2007 A3s should have the newer, more efficient compressor. But maybe the problem is persisting in with the 2.0 because of hotter running temps (?).

Old 08-22-2007, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: drio

I had to take my a3 to audi because my the air conditioning was not working properly. They told me that
there was a recall of a3 with that problem. Then they called me back telling me that everything was fine, that
the car was not on that recall and that they found the problem.

Did you guys have any problem with this?

Thanks!
Yes, I just did on my wife's A3. It sat for the weekend as we were out of town and when she drove it, the A/C worked for about 2 minutes, then stopped blowing cold. I checked all that I could, fuses, compressor engaging... and everything looked fine.

Took it to the dealer, they were surprised about the failure. A day later, they still didn't know the cause of the problem and thought it may take a few days to identify the root cause. At the same time, I had received one of my car mags (C&D maybe) and they had just concluded their long term test of an A3. Guess what, two A/C failures in the first 10k miles. A couple of days later we took the mag to show the dealer when we had change loaner cars and they sorta laughed it off as a funny coincidence.

Well, long story short. Two weeks later we took delivery of the car and they hinted that there may be a design issue. It took two weeks to fix the car because they had to wait to have new parts delivered from Germany and supposedly many of the cars over there have had the same failure so inventory was low.

I haven't remembered to call the dealer and ask just what they replaced (I assume compressor, but the mag said they replaced the entire system!), but when I do, I'll post it up.

Oh yeah, it was on 06 2.0T

Old 09-21-2007, 08:30 PM
1st Gear

Here I am, lurking for a long time with no posts, but my A/C went today, so I thought I enter it here. Car sat for a few hours in the parking lot, then I got in and started it. Climate Control was set for AUTO, and the cool air started within a few seconds... I also had the windows open. Then I closed the windows and realized the car was getting hotter. Called the dealer right away, saying this had to be a warranty covered repair... took delivery of the car last December. Service rep didn't hesitate to give me an appointment right away, so the car goes in on Tues and I get a loaner. I'll try to report back.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:10 AM
1st Gear

does anyone have details on the AC recall? Just drove about 5 hours in the car, very different temps coming out at the same setting. 78 vs 75 vs 70, I had to constantly change the gauge to stay comfy, wonder if this is hte problem refered to here?

Quick Reply: audi a3 2007 air condicioning recall