Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi A3 5th Gear Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A3 5th Gear Problem

Hi

Im new to here to please be patient. I have a 1.6 petrol audi a3 08 reg with 72000 on the clock. I have an ongoing problem when im traveling in 5th gear.

When on the motorway i can accelerate as normal, and when i take my foot off the accelerator (to let a car in in front of me for example) it begins to slow down as normal. However when i put my foot back on the accelerator again it doesnt work. It sounds like it will not increase in revs and stays the same speed or continues to decrease slowly in speed (as if i was freewheeling in neutral). This doesnt happen all the time but is now most of the time. All other gears are fine. Ive rectified this for the last 12 months by putting my foot on the clutch and bringing 5th gear back in, and that works until the next time i want to slow down.

Im needing to get the problem fixed now as im about to try and sell the car as have ordered a new car. I have had the car plugged into a computer but it came back with no faults at all. I got the car test driven by my mechanic but as per usual, when i take it to the garage, it drove fine without any issues typically.

Im desperate for any kind of help/ideas/advice.

Thanks