AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   Audi a3 engine starts can't move gears flashing (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/audi-a3-engine-starts-cant-move-gears-flashing-223429/)

KatyK 12-13-2016 07:59 PM

Audi a3 engine starts can't move gears flashing

Hey,

I've got a 2009 Audi A3 Sportsback.
It's currently sitting in my driveway as a glorified paperweight.
I don't want to get screwed by my mechanic so wondering if anyone knows anything about the issue i'm experiencing.

Car was driving fine, no issues ever. All of a sudden I get in my car and turn the engine on. All good Cluster board looks normal.

Change gear and remove hand brake. Engine revs but car doesn't move. This is the point I realize all the gear lights on the cluster boards are flashing. I can't go forward or reverse. Basically engine sounds fine but no motion whatsoever. Power recycle not doing anything, even left it for a few days and tried again, same issue.

I've seen a few forum posts but they're incredibly old or they actually are able to drive the car but the lights are flashing also it seems to be towards a4 and a6 models.

Any thoughts or ideas what it could be?

sheldon 12-14-2016 12:25 PM

That's the classic indication that something transmission related went bye bye :(

It would be helpful to know what engine/transmission you got in that A3 of yours. Is it the 2.0t? is it the "Quattro" edition or Front Wheel drive?

Reinhard Karembera 07-09-2020 06:46 AM

I have same proble

Hi I also have the same problem where my 2010 Audi A3 is starting, engine sound fine, but the car cant move back or forward. Change gear and remove hand brake. Engine revs but car doesn't move. My engine is a quattro. Please help me or forward my request to someone who can assist.

Derek Meehan 07-09-2020 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=Reinhard Karembera;1526734]Hi I also have the same problem where my 2010 Audi A3 is starting, engine sound fine, but the car cant move back or forward. Change gear and remove hand brake. Engine revs but car doesn't move.

Derek Meehan 07-09-2020 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Reinhard Karembera (Post 1526734)
Hi I also have the same problem where my 2010 Audi A3 is starting, engine sound fine, but the car cant move back or forward. Change gear and remove hand brake. Engine revs but car doesn't move. My engine is a quattro. Please help me or forward my request to someone who can assist.

Hey I have the same problem but I caused it messing with some lights think I blew something in the comfort board so I've been told can someone let me know if they think differently obviously I no jack shit about auto electrics

Reinhard Karembera 07-10-2020 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Derek Meehan (Post 1526744)
Hey I have the same problem but I caused it messing with some lights think I blew something in the comfort board so I've been told can someone let me know if they think differently obviously I no jack shit about auto electrics

Yes Derek Meehan, I think whoever said about the lights is right. I also started having the problem after one of my headlights was worked on to get fixed. Can people with knowledge please help us on how to solve the problem? What could be the estimated cost? Please my people come in?