Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

audi a3 tdi glow plug

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 02:19 AM
Banned
Default audi a3 tdi glow plug

Hi all,
i thought somebody here might be able to help, my car has not been starting as it should so i decided to change the glow plugs all was going well changed one no bother next one was tight so i left it until the end, i guss you know whats coming, so the last one was tight did the normal loosen and tighten and so on it then became easier, great got it took the plug out and half of the plug stayed in the hole all the threaded part came out and 15mm of the electrode, i think gases have been passing the seal and now it's stuck with carbon i have tried an easy out but did not put too much presure on as i did not want to splay the end then it wouldn't come through the hole.
The only other thing i can think of is to tap the remains of the plug and get a long bolt with a weight to make a slide hammer what do you guys think? has anybody had this problem?
thanks in advance

Old 11-11-2015, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

Hi.
You could try spraying some penetrating fluid into the glow plug hole, let it soak, then crank the engine over and hopefully the compression will force the remainder of the glowplug out. Remember to remove the fuel pump fuse to stop it from starting and place some padding over the head to prevent the glowplug hitting the bonnet.