AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   Burning Oil smell (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/burning-oil-smell-229557/)

LeChiffreUn 12-23-2018 12:03 PM

Burning Oil smell

Hello everyone,
I just signed up to the forum, so I'm pretty much an amateur around here.

I have a problem with my Audi A3, every time I put the S mode and go full throttle, I smell burning oil because of the high revs. I have no idea why.

But other than that, the oil is not leaking from the car when I'm pulled over. When I went to the dealership, they said that I shouldn't be doing a full throttle because there is friction in the transmission discs.

Is it normal? Can somebody help me with this, please!

Thank you :)
PS: it's a 2017 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-TRONIC 150PS

Audimaster07 12-23-2018 07:32 PM

NOT Normal.

This is not normal I do it all the time on my S3 TDI. The person at the dealer that told you not to go full throttle because of friction in the transmission dics is a moron. Find a real answer ask to talk to the Shop foreman at the dealership, not the sales person or ( hopefully not) the service advisor that was a cookie salesman the week before.
Good luck
45 year Audi/ VW Master technician

Cruiser_a3 04-05-2019 05:32 PM

You have a leaking crankshaft seal

iarocks11 04-09-2019 12:12 PM

Need some help (Blue smoke on start up.

Hi All, Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, I'm new to this. If so...please send my question to the correct post. I have a 2005 Audi A6 with the 3.2L V6 (260,000 miles). The issue I'm having...I'm seeing blue smoke on start up at times. Here is the strange thing I haven't been able to figure out to this point. When I first start the car up in the morning, everything seems to be normal. No smoke of any kind coming from the tail pipes. I can drive it all around town stopping at stores shop for awhile and nothing again when I start the car. When I take it to work which is 50 miles oneway and it sits there for a few hours. When I go to start it up, it will puff blue-ish smoke from the tail pipes for about a second and then nothing.

This past weekend, I decided to change the spark plugs and noticed oil in the spark plug wells out of 3 cylinders. (1 on the passenger side and 2 on the drive side.) I'm guessing it might be the valve cover gaskets? I cleaned the wells good and replaced with new plugs.

Also to note, when I run the car around town (maybe put 150 miles on it in a weekend total.) No smoke on start up, and no oil loss either.) But when I take to work 50 miles away. Smoke out of tail pipes after a few hours of sitting and some oil lost by checking dip stick after I get home with letting the car sit for about 30 minutes. The motor runs smooth, good gas mileage still, nothing seems to be a miss. No oil leaking on ground or signs of oil on or around engine anywhere.

The heads and timing chain to my understanding were all done last spring. The car is in excellent condition interior and exterior. So I'm really stumped as what it could be. Thanks for any help!!