Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Cold intake from Carbonio, worth my $?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:56 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default Cold intake from Carbonio, worth my $?

should i get the cold intake valve from Carbonio? is it worth my $? i need some input!!!!

http://goapr.com/Audi/products/intak...onio_8pa3.html

Old 05-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Default RE: Cold intake from Carbonio, worth my $?

Good question!

I'd like to know myself. Maybe you should take one for the team and go buy it and give it a review for the site?

Thanks in advance!

Chef

Old 05-21-2006, 06:30 AM
4th Gear

last I heard, they make noise and maybe a horse or so. Not exactly worth what they want in my opinion.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:45 PM

If a tuner was to utilize the additional air flow with a fuel remap, would that jump the performance any? How much more air/cold air will the Carbonio provide over stock? It was my understanding that the stock air induction system is pretty good from the factory, no?

Money better spent on chip and exhaust first, but what then?

Oh well,

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-22-2006, 01:27 AM
SoCal Crew Member

FULL carbon fiber body? bigger turbo? or even a twin turbo? reinforce the chasis? (keep it on the ground) much bigger breaks? but sorry, i just spent 34 grand on my car, and not going to spend much more on it for a while.

unless a miracle happens and i have another 30 grand, i'd bring it to a mechanic and slap on a 420hp V8, keep the stock A3 body (low profile and keep it humble) i was wondering, by deductive reasoning, if an A3 chasis and fit a 2.0 engine, and so does the A4, and if the A4 chasis can fit the RS4's 420hp V8, THEN, shouldn't the V8 fit on the A3's chasis.....with a few mods under the hood?

have you looked underneath the engine yet? it's freakin crazy, the engine and tranny goes perpendicular to the car, not parralel with the car like the other audi models, it's so small under there, they can't fit the tranny the old school way, that **** goes sideways now, it's freakin amazing!!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

If your going for looks, yes. It does like good, but for power, no. Check out what I did to my A3. www.969motorsports.com

Old 08-07-2006, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

How does the Carbonio sound? I like to stockish look of it, not too concerned about adding power, thats what chipping is for. Would like to get a bit more of the sound from the turbo to the outside, less muffled sounding.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:23 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Audinam, I thought the Neuspeed RS rear bar was going to be your "last mod". The intake, from what I have read, is not worth it.

Also, all other Audis, A4 included, have longitudinally-mounted engines, whereas the A3, because it's based on the Golf chassis, have a transverse-mounted engine. So your motor swap is not going to work out.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:00 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: a3_yuppie

Audinam, I thought the Neuspeed RS rear bar was going to be your "last mod". The intake, from what I have read, is not worth it.

Also, all other Audis, A4 included, have longitudinally-mounted engines, whereas the A3, because it's based on the Golf chassis, have a transverse-mounted engine. So your motor swap is not going to work out.

yuppie........ obviously you didn't look at the date on this thread, i posted this like months ago.......... yeah, sway bare IS going to be my last mod

Old 08-08-2006, 09:02 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Yep my bad. How's the bar so far?

Quick Reply: Cold intake from Carbonio, worth my $?