AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   Electric Windows come down by themselves (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/electric-windows-come-down-themselves-4155/)

FarmboyUK 12-04-2004 09:12 AM

Electric Windows come down by themselves

HI, I recently had problems with my electric windows coming down by themselves, after I've locked up and walked away. A problem as you can imagine [:@]. Before I start playing around with relays and fuses, does anyone have any suggestions. I've got an Audi A3 97.
Thanks

dbaser 12-15-2004 01:26 PM

RE: Electric Windows come down by themselves

I have the same problem with my VW Golf TDI 2001.

When I hit the remote control for opening my doors, the windows all come down and stop halfway down.

Don't know what causes this.

dbaser

villageinn 03-05-2005 08:22 AM

have you both put after market alarm systems in? that is kwhat normaly causes it

Anne Sherman 04-25-2005 08:56 PM

I have had the same problem - only three times in 6 years but still very worrying. I have locked my car and on two occasions I have found the driver's side door open (the next morning after about 10 hours) and the other time the passenger door (after only 2 hours). My A3 was first registered in 1999 - T registration. I look forward to hearing from anyone who has the same problem.

marialund 06-17-2005 07:14 AM

I had this problem yesterday morning. Found my car (Audi A2 -03) with both front windows down, parked in the street. Car radio missing, so very irritating. No forced entry shows on doors, windows or locks, so I suspect the electric windows came down by themselves and that some dishonest person took advantage of this to steel my radio. If someone knows causes or anything about this problem, I'm keen to know about it.

avanty 06-20-2005 02:23 AM

one of the answers to the windows opening is---.If you hold down the open door button for two or three seconds the door locks will open and the windows will start to go down how far down depends on how long you hold down the button.the same applies to when you lock the doors keep botton pressed and if your windows are open they will close.So if you come out and find your windows down the chances are that your button on the remote was pressed inadvertantly maybe while in your pocket.the only reason i know this is it happened me while standing next to the car (A4 AVANT 1.9tdi) windows just went down remote in pocket;)

dsbA4 11-19-2021 12:50 PM

Auto window opening - not with key

so I have this all the time on my old A3 59 plate sport back.
lock the car with the key. Walk away, not holding the button as suggested, and all windows roll down. Randomly, not every time but frequently this happens, there’s no time scale for it I.e straight away or 5 hours later, one day she came home after work, locked the car and went in our home, several hours later I came home and they were all closed, woke up to all the windows down?? If I press a button on the keys, the windows stop while they are trying to go down.
the same happens when opening the car, walking towards the car press the key and the car unlocks and about a second later, all the windows start opening.
my partner uses this one and it’s cold and wet in Wales so it would be good not to wake up to 1. A missing car or 2. A wet or flooded car!
What causes this and how do I fix it?!

QUOTE=avanty;90437]one of the answers to the windows opening is---.If you hold down the open door button for two or three seconds the door locks will open and the windows will start to go down how far down depends on how long you hold down the button.the same applies to when you lock the doors keep botton pressed and if your windows are open they will close.So if you come out and find your windows down the chances are that your button on the remote was pressed inadvertantly maybe while in your pocket.the only reason i know this is it happened me while standing next to the car (A4 AVANT 1.9tdi) windows just went down remote in pocket;)[/QUOTE]