Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

EURO VS PREMIUM FLOOR MATS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 PM
1st Gear
Default EURO VS PREMIUM FLOOR MATS

Anyone who owns either the European Style Floor Mats and the Premium Rubber Floor Mats, I would like your opinion.

European Floor Mats

Premium Floor Mats

I've been leaning towards the premium for the better water protection in the rain/snow as these have deeper wells and can trap water. However, the european floor mats have better coverage ie. the front passenger side mat covers the wheel well as well while the premium one does not. There are much better pictures of the euro style mats in this thread:

http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/2005/12/...loor-mats.html

Let me know what you guys think/prefer.

Thanks!

Old 08-02-2007, 01:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: EURO VS PREMIUM FLOOR MATS

Euro fer sure - deeper than they look, great protection. Also available in gray.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:45 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, hesaputz

Are the edges of the mat raised to trap in water? Do you know much about the WeatherTech mats? Those are available online but they dont show any pictures of the exact mat used for the A3 so I don't know anything about them. Here's the link for the WeatherTech mats keep in mind the pic's are 'representative images.'

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...&Year=2007

Old 08-02-2007, 02:40 PM
1st Gear

Premium!
I've had them in other Audi's and they rock!
Really thick, fairly soft, hold up EXTREMELY well.
And of course real easy to clean.

I think they are near twice the price of the euro ones. I heard the euro ones don't fit as well and they look thinner to me. Haven't seen them in person though.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

If you drove a Japanese car, you could just tell people to respect the custom/tradition and kindly remove their shoes at the door.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

HAHAHA So ppl have to leave their shoes on the street while I drive off?

I'm still leaning towards the premium's. But I can totally see how the Euro could be better with the fuller coverage. If someone could vouch for the water retaining qualities I would definately change my mind. Price wise, they are simlar $87ish for the Euro's and $91ish for the premiums.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

I went with the Euros mainly because of the extra coverage in both fronts and rears. I had no problem with water run off this last winter and we get quite a bit of snow here.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: dzasta

HAHAHA So ppl have to leave their shoes on the street while I drive off?

I'm still leaning towards the premium's. But I can totally see how the Euro could be better with the fuller coverage. If someone could vouch for the water retaining qualities I would definately change my mind. Price wise, they are simlar $87ish for the Euro's and $91ish for the premiums.
You could always provide a plastic bag for them to put their shoes in [sm=smokin.gif]

Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

There's about 1/4" lip on euro's; I haven't tested water retention, but they sure hold a lot of sand and dirt, keep the carpets spotless.The set I have is on my other A3 in Savannah, so I'm going by memory.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hesaputz

There's about 1/4" lip on euro's; I haven't tested water retention, but they sure hold a lot of sand and dirt, keep the carpets spotless.The set I have is on my other A3 in Savannah, so I'm going by memory.
I would like to officially request a namechange for hesaputzto hesaballer (assuming your screen name is to be read "he's a putz")

***Post # 100***

Quick Reply: EURO VS PREMIUM FLOOR MATS