Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Fair Price? Used A3 3.2 Skyview

Old 04-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Default Fair Price? Used A3 3.2 Skyview

Been browseing these forums for a while now but havnt gotten around to registering yet..... but now i have a reason to...

I have been researching the purchase of an A3 up here in Alaska... I was hoping to get feelings from people whome know far more than I about these cars.

The A3 I am looking at is a '06 3.2 S-Line with 20,500 miles. It has had 2 owners, a clean record, and is Certified. It has the Skyview but other than that I belive it is a "stock" S-line unless I am overlooking things... no heated seats. It has 1 small (golfball sized) dent just above the driver side window, and 3 ?door-dings? in a small cluster just behind the gas door.

The Audi dealer is asking 29,750 for it (down from 30,500 a week ago) and it has been sitting on the lot for about 4 months.

Does this seem like a fair price considering its Certified? Are there any major things I should be checking out as far as common issues any A3's are known to have (i havnt found any)?

I appreciate your time!

Old 04-29-2008, 11:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Fair Price? Used A3 3.2 Skyview

2 owners already? sheesh. i dunno what the price would be, but i would assume you could ask for it lower.

btw, it's Open Sky...not skyview :thumbup:

Old 04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

That doesn't sound like a good price at all.
Check Edmunds.com and kbb.com for pricing. I wouldn't even pay over 30k for an 07.
You have the bargaining chips really, the value on that car is dropping everyday. Just take your time and you'll be fine.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

Deffinatly check all that and if the you can get them lower you have another 30K of free maintance with it too so don't let them jack you out of that. 06 was the last year for the 50K free service plan.
Question though how did a 3.2 with out heated seats make it to Alaska?

Old 04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

Two owners? Run a Carfax on that bad boy. That doesn't sound too promising. And the price isn't that great, either.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

Been a long time since I was in Alaska, I remember looking a MGB of all things and the price was high compared to what I was use to in the lower 48. Two owndes so fast make me wonder. Check out kbb.com they are pretty close if you answer all the questions correctly. Personally that seemshigh by about $1000 but I'm now in much warmer Texas now!

Old 04-30-2008, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

What is the price of that vehicle new in Alaska?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:21 PM

Carfax checked out clean on it, only the standard maint. records... I have actually never owned a vehicle with heated seats so thats not a deal breaker.

The car has been sitting there for a while... perhaps i will just keep an eye out and see if its sticks around. They are awefully proud of it all things considered. Took the lady to look at it last night and she kept wandering over to the A4's (which are all 2.0t quattros) priced around the same but are '07 dealer-rentals with 8k miles. She isnt a fan of blue... or hatch backs... Where as if it was all up to me, I am all about the fun and performance.... shoping in the 25-30k range is just far to many optoins.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear

If rear seat space is important, you should know that the current A4 is actually smaller then the A3 for knee room. Trunk volume is about the same, but the A3's is much more usable because of the hatchback. Obviously the A4 Avant trunk is bigger then the A3's.

Regarding your wife's dislike of hatchbacks - the A3 is considered a "wagon" by insurers and gets very nice rates (because we are all old fuddy-duddy drivers, apparently).

Old 05-01-2008, 05:09 PM

I did not realise that dfrost... I thought the A3 legroom seemed bigger in the back than the a4... but figured it was my imagination, the extra shoulder room in the a4 must have decieved me.

All in all if this a3 were black insted of blue it would be sitting in my driveway right now. The lady isnt a fan of the blue.

Anyone here have a FWD A3 where it snows? How do they manage? I am not looking for something thatll get me through 2' (I have a truck for those days)... but defintally want to not worry about 3 inches. The 2.0t mods available make me want one over the 3.2 just for the fun factor...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fair Price? Used A3 3.2 Skyview