AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   fault codes need help with (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/fault-codes-need-help-62075/)

SUMZAUDI 04-29-2007 10:36 AM

fault codes need help with

Hi All,

my Engine Management light came on AGAIN yesterday, so I hooked up the VAG-COM and downloaded the fault codes:

5 Faults Found:
17956 - Boost Pressure Regulation Valve (N75): Open Circuit
P1548 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17705 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1297 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
17545 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1137 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate
18010 - Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
P1602 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17978 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1570 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

I only recently (3 months back) got my DV replaced, so not sure why 17956 is coming up! I'm guessing i've got a dodgy hose or something.

Anyone please have a clue on what I should look out for on the others?

I am thinking of clearing these codes, and reusing the car to see if any of them appear again. Is that a feasible thing to do?

any help would be much appreciated

Cheers guys

Sumz

SUMZAUDI 05-01-2007 05:17 PM

RE: fault codes need help with

OK I decided to bite the bullet and delete the codes.

Hooked the car up again and its showing 17705 still. the others have not yet materialised.

I'm sure it can't be my DV as I've only just put a new one in, and was getting this fault before I put the new one in intermittently.

Could it be the hoses? Is it easy to check/replace hoses,or would i need to go to dealer?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chef 05-01-2007 06:13 PM

Are the contacts to the DV clean, and the wiring harness secured properly?

SUMZAUDI 05-01-2007 08:31 PM

hmm good point. I shall have to check. I had the DV put in last time the car went in for a service, so maybe they did not put it in cleanly.

thanks Chef

Chef 05-01-2007 08:55 PM

If you can get under the car, it is a very easy thing to check.

I hope that is all it is. Better to start with the easy things first.

SUMZAUDI 05-02-2007 04:39 PM

cheers Chef- im going to open up the engine box to check they fitted the DV correctly and all the contacts look ok. might be able to see if there is a leaking hose or something too.

I'll also take the car for a spin and log the MAF readings look ok.

Does anyone know if its difficult to replace the MAF by myself?

Chef 05-02-2007 05:41 PM

I haven't replaced the MAF on this car, but I believe it is only two screws. Should be a snap.

Cheers!

SUMZAUDI 05-04-2007 10:10 AM

Thanks Chef.

ok.. I opened up the engine compartment, checked all the hoses. Couldnt see or hear any hose leaks, so I've ruled that out.

The hose connecting to the top of the DV was slightly loose, so I tightened the screw on the clip... did a road test and the code has not yet reappeared.

I've decided to replace the Coolant temp sensor first as it is the cheapest part to replace, and its a good starting point.

Does anyone know where to get Audi Coolant Temperature Sensors in the UK online?

SUMZAUDI 05-06-2007 11:40 AM

replaced my coolant temp sender this morning. I had the old style black sensor, so replaced it with the green top part. Car seems a lot more responsive, and smoother in general which is good.

Have not had the dump valve fault come up again since I tightend the connection for the top hose, so hoping thats fixed.

One thing... my coolant temperature still seems to drop a little (even with the new sender!) from 90 to 80, but *only* seems to happen when I go over a hill from right to left... strange.

But my coolant temp sensor fault codehas disappeared tho, and didnt come back after the road test.

With the old sensor, the fault used to come on even aftera small test drive.

Chef 05-06-2007 12:17 PM

Sounds like your diagnosis and repairs are working.

Cheers!