Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A3
 Fuel related Problem - No power >

Fuel related Problem - No power

Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Fuel related Problem - No power

Old 03-30-2007, 03:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Fuel related Problem - No power

Hi all... i would be grateful for any help, im completly baffelled with this problem.

I have an audi a3, 1.6 99 with about 85000 miles on it. It was driving fine and then one day she packs up.

I have checked the fuses and they are in good working order.
I ordered and fitted a new relay, thats in good working order too. (if anyone is intrested its relay number 167, i'll post pics up when i can)
I checked the circuit using a voltmeter, i am a getting readings for the other fuses but not the fuel pump fuse, even with the new relay and fuse in place.
I can't hear the fuel pump on start up (because no power is getting to it) so i havent replaced it thinking that the problem lies else where.
So does any1 have any ideas on what might be the problem...

Thanks.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Fuel related Problem - No power

Ive a 98 a3 78000miles, i can hear my fuel pump on startup but really have to pump the accelerator to get engine going. Its going in to be looked at thursday, you say no powers getting to your pump, if theres no other posts il ask garage thurs.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

hey, thanks for teh reply, i ended up posting the original post twice, one in the a3 section and the other in the cmputing and fuel section, I got a good reply in the other section if you want to look at it. Im just waiting on a reply from the guy about the crank sensor.
I hope your car gets fixed mate, they are a beaut to drive when they do and they really get to you when they dont lol.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

they are a beaut to drive when they do and they really get to you when they dont lol.

Tell me about it, il check that other post out now

thanks.