Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Getting my new shoes tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Getting my new shoes tomorrow!

Going with Bridgestone Pole Positions RE960ASes. Wheel Works here (CA) gave a pretty competitive price that beat Tirerack's price, which you need to factor in the shipping on. Good bye P-Sux. Can't say I will miss you when they go on my BMW before I sell the Bavarian shortly.

Wondering if there is an even QUIETER tire as that's what I'm really going for. Quieter and a more comfortable ride (grandpa like) with the grip to handle spirited driving. I've got base suspension w/Premium package so not sure if there's better, as I have read the Tirerack ratings on the Michelin Pilot Exaltos being even quieter.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Getting my new shoes tomorrow!

grubble - I just dumped my Dunlops for the Hankook Ventus V4es. Huge difference! The Dunlops were ridiculously loud. I had no idea just how bad they were until I got the Hankooks - so much quieter, and so far seem to handle great. I thought my CAI got louder, but it was just my tires getting quieter!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:31 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Getting my new shoes tomorrow!

Well...the Pole Positions are on and they are slightly quieter than the P6s (which had 7K miles on it). I think when I take it on the highway, I'll get a better feel of it and report back some more.