Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

hello, hello

Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 PM
1st Gear
Default hello, hello

hey everybody,

i'm new as an actual poster, though I've been reading through many posts throughout the last month. i actually had a new 07' black 2.0 s-line which, sadly, was totalled in an accident only about three months after i got it. i'm in the process of getting a new one. insurance has been a pain in the butt, but my dealer is getting an 08' white s-line with TITANIUM. it's sitting at the port and should arrive at the dealer sometime this week. my dealer is just this awesome, too. i was paying a ton of money for a rental (after my insurance deductible ran out). well, the dealer felt bad for the situation, and gave me a silver s-line A3 as a loaner for free. i've had it almost two weeks. talk about keeping the customer happy!!

anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself and hope to contribute to some chats later in the future.

-christina

Old 10-15-2007, 04:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: hello, hello

Hey there. I'm sort of a newbie as well but found this group really friendly and helpful. Sucks to hear your first A3 was totalled but its a good thing Audi makes safe cars.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
2nd Gear

Welcome Christina, hope no one was hurt in the accident.
That was pretty awesome for your stealership to give you loaner for that long.
I had toturn my lemon tahoe limited in and was stuck without a ride and boom they gave me a butt ugly purple A3, at least i didn't have to pay a rental, anyhow welcome if your into modding or just chatting you'll find plenty of guys here at or for your service.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Christina: Welcome and glad to hear that you are getting another A3. As others have said (and attested to through personal experience), these things are safe.

Stryker: I cannot imagine you in a Venetian Violet A3. Do you have pictures?

Old 10-15-2007, 06:07 PM

Definitely Welcome!!!

I hope your next car and you both arrive safely.

Cheers!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

the car's safety speaks for itself. my airbag went off, and besides a small brush burn on my shoulder from the seat belt and a scratch on my hand, i walked away pretty much a-okay. the whole front passenger side of the car was banged up and the axle split in half, as did my wheel. the body shop did an awesome job, and 11k later while they were driving it over to the alignment rack, they heard a noise in the engine. from that point, it went up to the dealer. at first they thought it needed a new short block, but later decided it might be smart to replace the whole engine. as costs were rising, it was getting to the point where they were going to total it. i said fine, and they said they'd give me 29k for it. i laughed, and explained how many options it had and basically how you could not walk into a dealership and find a car with everything it had on it for less than 30k. well, they went back and crunched some numbers and came back valuing it at 33,800. Good news is, the car appreciated! MSRP when i bought it was a little over 33k, but i got it for cost at about 31k. So the moral of the story is the A3 is an awesome car that retains its value!

but thanks for everyone's warm welcome

and a purple A3?? can't say i've ever seen one of those!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:53 PM
2nd Gear

Can we not mention the purple, or violet A3 anymore. Damn that car i should've never mentioned it.
And pics yuppie....I dont think so,i might get nightmares tonight.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:56 AM
1st Gear

Welcome to the board and it sure sounds like you have a great dealer near you. That is worth a lot in itself. Glad you weren't hurt, but Audi safety has a good record. It's awesome that you a purchasing another A3, so congrats.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:52 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: stryker

Can we not mention the purple, or violet A3 anymore. Damn that car i should've never mentioned it.
And pics yuppie....I dont think so,i might get nightmares tonight.
lol stryker!

Search this Thread