Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

I need your help - Aftermarket suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:58 PM
1st Gear
Default I need your help - Aftermarket suspension?

So ive looked at just about every car on the market and I keep going back to the A3. There is one thing about the A3 that is REALLY bugging me however... You can't get power seats with the sport suspsension. Why oh why did Audi do this? It makes absolutley no sense. Anyways... I MUST have power seats. Especially because I constantly adjust the back on the fly while I am driving. Also I am not sure if I like the sports seats in the S-Line package. The lateral support seemed to pinch my sides too much and I fear it will star to **** me off in the long term. So I was thinking about getting the premium package instead of the S-Line and changing out the suspension. Has anyone else done this? What suspension should I get? How much will it cost approx? And will it void any warranties? Thanks

Old 04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I need your help - Aftermarket suspension?

RasLion

The easy answer is ask your local Audi dealer to fit the sports suspension. Easily done and will therefore notvoid any warranties

Old 04-18-2007, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: jasaudi

RasLion

The easy answer is ask your local Audi dealer to fit the sports suspension. Easily done and will therefore notvoid any warranties
this is likely a VERY expensive option. I'd reccomend going with an aftermarket system.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

RasLion

RasLion, is that something that can be done? I asked the same exact thing in a post about sport vs. regular suspension. I wanted to ask people before calling Audi and start making inquiries and then starting to ask mewhat I am trying to do the car...
Do you know of anyone that has done it after the fact? And the cost?

Thanks.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: RasLion

So ive looked at just about every car on the market and I keep going back to the A3. There is one thing about the A3 that is REALLY bugging me however... You can't get power seats with the sport suspsension. Why oh why did Audi do this?
Buy a A3 3.2 V6 and you get s-line with power seats plus Quattro.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
1st Gear

I am going to ask my salesman when I call him tomorrow if this is something they can do. I've been doing some reasearch on aftermarket springs and it seems H & R springs are quite popular. They run approx $250 for a kit and they claim to be 25-30 percent stiffer than stock while lowering the car 1.3". Sounds like the perfect solution. Eibach also makes a sportsline spring set that lowers the front 2.0" and the rear 1.6". That also runs approx $250. Has anyone tried any of those? Also does the S-Line come with a sway bar?

Now just add the Oettinger rear spoiler and you have a better than s-line a3 with power seats! *Borat Voice* NICE!

note: I am going to copy and paste my message this time... this site likes to throw up random sql errors that will wipe what you just typed up.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnS1

Buy a A3 3.2 V6 and you get s-line with power seats plus Quattro.

Indeed.. But you are also going to pay 5k more, pay more in taxes, pay more in gas, and probably pay more in insurance...

Old 04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

I'll second the after market suggestion. But the problem with just changing the springs is that you may have problems with the shocks down the road. You might as well do it right from the start and get some Koni FSD with the HnR.

The 3.2 option is actually not bad if you want the Quattro. But yes, you are right, more tax and gas.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: eltonsi

I'll second the after market suggestion. But the problem with just changing the springs is that you may have problems with the shocks down the road. You might as well do it right from the start and get some Koni FSD with the HnR.

The 3.2 option is actually not bad if you want the Quattro. But yes, you are right, more tax and gas.
I am by no means a car expert... so why would changing the springss affect the shocks down the road? Koni FSD set + springs run abuot $800... kind of a quick hike in price from the $250 spring set

Old 04-18-2007, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: RasLion
I am by no means a car expert... so why would changing the springss affect the shocks down the road? Koni FSD set + springs run abuot $800... kind of a quick hike in price from the $250 spring set
Because stiffer springs usually won't work properly with factory dampers (shocks). Reminder you need to have allignment checked afterwards. Another A3 owner recently dropped his car 1.3" front and rear by changing springs only and ran into tire rubbing issues.

Quick Reply: I need your help - Aftermarket suspension?