Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Insurance Premium Drop After 25?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
2nd Gear
Default Insurance Premium Drop After 25?

I am turning 25 in a month and with no tickets and no incidents what kind of drop can I expect? I have no clue and will be happy with anything but I would like to have and idea.

PS any money i save will go into an ING account i set aside for future mods

Old 01-10-2008, 09:46 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Insurance Premium Drop After 25?

Impossible to give you a percentage, but from memory the drop was significant. Of course, I was married when I was 25 so that may have affected the rate drop too.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

Call your insurance company and ask them.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:30 AM
2nd Gear

good point ... you know sometimes the simplest answer is right infront of you but you still cant see it. I will call them when i get home from work tonight

Old 01-10-2008, 11:53 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: w@ntonsoup

Call your insurance company and ask them.
And as much as it will pain you to say it, remind them that your car is a wagon!!! Will be 25, getting up there in age a little bit, doing the responsible thing by driving a station wagon in possible preparation of a future family!

Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

classic i told geico that my car was a wagon and my rates dropped 300 a year from my 02 golf !!!
i love my old person wagon haha

Old 01-10-2008, 12:07 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AManCalledE

And as much as it will pain you to say it, remind them that your car is a wagon!!! Will be 25, getting up there in age a little bit, doing the responsible thing by driving a station wagon in possible preparation of a future family!
I will make sure to remind them that it is a wagon. Also do you have to tell them about any mods that you have (even if you have to should you?) will they raise the premiums any?

That is what a passer bye or my girlfriend might think, but really I just wanted to take my Lab places and be able to fit in my friends and their golf bags. haha plus anyone who has driven it knows that it is no wagon in the traditional sense.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
1st Gear

I'm almost 26, and everyone told me my insurance would go down when I turned 25.

But when 25 came around, my premium barely went down ($10 maybe?). I already shopped around and got the lowest premium I could find (Progressive), so when I called other companies, their quotes were just about as much if not more, even though I was 25.

Am I just using the wrong insurance company? Maybe it's because I live in Downtown LA ...

Old 01-10-2008, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

I'm in Pasadena and my rate went up when I moved here, so location does affect your insurance rate.

I had a Scion tC before and expected my rates to go up (because its a more expensive car) when I got the A3 but it remained the same. Maybe I need to call the insurance company and remind them its a wagon to get a lower rate.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

Once they have your VIN, they know what car you have and what rate it will be. "Telling them" anything is useless, unless it's that you took driver's education courses, got into an accident, or have heavily modified your vehicle (two of those will not improve your rate)

Quick Reply: Insurance Premium Drop After 25?