Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.
View Poll Results: A poll
keep
71.43%
sale
28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

keep or sale A3, need opions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:13 AM
1st Gear
Default keep or sale A3, need opions

I've had my A3 for almost 8 months, it's for sure the nicest car I have ever owned. But, proformacne wise it's not all whatI thought.

Here's the run down; 07, DSG, S-Line, Tech, Open, Cold. and All season tires [:'(]

I came from a stage 1 Evo 8 (280 awhp) and the no tractionon launch is killing me, DSG isn't as fun to me as I would like (I get more of a reward and enjoyment have to work throught through gears), and I would like crisp and neutral handaling, it's kinda scary pushing the car through turns as the all season are screaming at you and esp flashes.

So the big ? is keep or sale fora Porsche Cayman S (which well cost me my left arm, leg, and a ^uT) which is my dream car and will take alot of work just to pick up a used CS.

I hav'nt pulled the triger on mods cause I don't know if it will be worth it.

My goals for the car were (in order) lightweight wheels and sticky tires, sway bars, neg camber up front, neuspeed intake and chip.

Am I being out of line trying it to compare it to a evo and a cayman or can this car satisfie my spirted driving wants? or should I should I stick to my plan pray the car can performe to my expactaions.

ps: i'm sure when i reread this tommorow and relize how bad my gramer, spelling and the over use of the ( ) stuff, so be gental.

Have agreat 4th of July all. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Thanks

Old 07-04-2007, 08:12 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: keep or sale A3, need opions

Have you at least reflashed the ecu to get an extra 50 hp, $4-500.00 not that big of an investment, but very big improvement in torque and hp
gains. You wont be able to change the launch problem, but i still think it's a fun car. For you to get rid of the car now wont you loose money in the deal
having it had only 8 mos?

Old 07-04-2007, 09:26 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: stryker

Have you at least reflashed the ecu to get an extra 50 hp, $4-500.00 not that big of an investment, but very big improvement in torque and hp
gains. You wont be able to change the launch problem, but i still think it's a fun car. For you to get rid of the car now wont you loose money in the deal
having it had only 8 mos?
I haven't done any mods to car except the black out grill, dsg dog bone thing and tint. thats it. and your totaly right bout theecu flash, it's hands down the best for the buck ever, but thats were i'm stuck.

as far as my financing goes, I did a zero down 84 month at 6.49%apr which gets me $507 mon. payment.i would come up upside down just a tade but i work w/ a broker who can sell my car and get me a new one for $300 over invoice (thasts if I buy new). it gets really complacted but i do very welll on the deal just as long as don't keep my cars to long (which I dont, i havea 1 car every 1.5yr avg.) It makes out to being better then a lease by a couple thousand dollars over 3yrs.

ya i know [:@]i have a very bad car buying problem. but it's my obsession.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:08 AM

You are WAY upside down in that car. AND, you haven't begun to unlock that car's potential, but it will cost you some money to make it the way you'd like. To keep the front wheel spin down will take installing a LSD, and that will cost about $1500+ installed. Personally, I think you are in the wrong car if all you want is extreme performance, and a road rocket. These cars can be very spirited and fun, but not rockets, at least not without huge upgrades. Chip it and see if that will meet your need. That by far is the best performance gain and it'll give you an idea of how the car will respond.

Cheers!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:18 AM

I looked at your location and noticed that you are in Irvine. Why don't you come to the GTG on July 15th and you can see what $1k's of dollars worth of mods will get you? There will be several A3's with different levels of performance mods and I'm sure that at least one of us would give you a test ride. Check out the link in the "West" section.

Cheers!

Old 07-04-2007, 03:41 PM
1st Gear

If you were looking for serious performance, why in god's name did you sell the EVO? Easiest car in the world to make power.

Before you do anything, identify your goals FIRST then pick the car that will allow you to realize them.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

Thanks guys for the replys

my friends are saying the same thing, at least do the ecu upgrade and get rid of the all seasons and threw on some lightweight wheels and summer tires and then see how i feel. to at least give the car a chance.

I sold the evo 8 because i couldnt stand another second in the crappy interior, it squeaked rattled and was the cheapest thing ever, and some onemade me a offer i couldnt refuse, i sold the car for $2000 under what i bought if for and sold the mods for $1500 so i almost broke even w/ it. but fast as hell it was.

i'll check out the GTG for sure, always wanted to go to it.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

i'd keep, unless u are fixated on a draggable car...

Old 07-09-2007, 01:01 AM
1st Gear

i dont really want a drag car, thats why i'm looking at a cayman S. i just want some thats audi nice and evo 8 fast and not fwd, it was a big mistake in thinking that fwd could performe like my evo 8.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
1st Gear

If one is financing a new vehicle purchase over the course of eighty-four (84!) months, one has selected a car that is way too expensive as compared to income. This problem would get worse by selecting an even more expensive (e.g. Porsche Cayman/S) car.

Quick Reply: keep or sale A3, need opions