Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

KW V2 Coilovers Review, NOW WITH PIX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:57 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default KW V2 Coilovers Review, NOW WITH PIX!!!

woke up, drove to Group 5 here in SD to get my KW Variant 2 Coilovers installed, came in, dropped off the key, came back 4 hours later and man, my Black A3 never looked better. it was lowered by an inch, there's a thumb's width between thetop of the tires to the tire well, perfectly lowered, not too low, not too high. got in, drove it away and right then and there, there was a difference. it was much smoother than the Stock sport suspension, all the minor bumps in the road wasn't as harsh on my spine as it used to. just cruising to work slower than normal, i noticed every car that passed me by looked over and i smile at them back. i haven't turned a crazy fast corner yet cause i haven't had time, but noticed just making a curve on an offramp, the body roll was really decreased. although i did make an accelerated left turn and the car just stuck to the ground and the car didn't lean at all. that's all i have for the review for now, until tomorrow when i start driving it more. i've only drove the A3 for 30 mins total today after the install. i'll keep you guys updated.

now up next, wheels and tires, maybe in two weeks.

[/align][/align][/align]

Old 05-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Default RE: KW V2 Coilovers Review

Nice.

Still waiting for my Konis.[] They are telling me next week.

Cheers!

Old 05-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Administrator

nice nam im glad u like ur new set up

Old 05-15-2007, 01:48 PM
2nd Gear

Congrats Nam!! No camera phone? mental picture? anything????

Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: SlowWagon08

No camera phone? mental picture? anything????
haaaa i'm not that technologically advanced yet.

Chef, So you're getting your Koni's, but do you have a good, dentless car to put it in yet?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

ALERT: Stupid question

What's the difference between coilover and suspension, if there is at all a difference?

Old 05-15-2007, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Audinam

ORIGINAL: SlowWagon08

No camera phone? mental picture? anything????
haaaa i'm not that technologically advanced yet.

Chef, So you're getting your Koni's, but do you have a good, dentless car to put it in yet?
They told me to bring it in tomorrow morning. I guess that I stand a shot at having a nice clean, new looking car by tomorrow night. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up though. Been down that road WAY too many times.

Cheers!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:00 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: quadric

What's the difference between coilover and suspension, if there is at all a difference?
So after looking around the internet, I think I have the answer. So a coilover is essentially just suspension but the fact is that the spring and shock are all in one item. Whereas traditional suspension has separate springs and separate shocks. Is that correct?

Old 05-15-2007, 05:23 PM
SoCal Crew Member

So after looking around the internet, I think I have the answer. So a coilover is essentially just suspension but the fact is that the spring and shock are all in one item. Whereas traditional suspension has separate springs and separate shocks. Is that correct?
Pretty much, you can either get either lowering springs, sport springs or track springs from one company, and go with shocks with another company, depending on your personal preference and stiffness from a certain brandOR you can get coilovers all in one, and depending on the brand, some brands lets you adjust the stiffness of the car instead of having a default setting.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 PM

If i want to lower my A3 with premium paskage (that now has a horrible 3 inch gap) what should i do? i'd like to get around 1 inch gap, is that ok, too much to little? in future i'd be also putting on some 18's, but if i keep the overall wheel diameter the same that should not play too much into the gap.
i'm not looking for racing suspension, just nice lowering and a little less body roll.
coilover installed will run for 1k?

Quick Reply: KW V2 Coilovers Review, NOW WITH PIX!!!