Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Lion's A3

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Lion's A3

Here are my first two mods:
20% Tint and Subwoofer

Old 05-29-2007, 08:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Lion's A3

The almost wish I would have gotten an 8" subwoofer instead of a 10" but I dunno! The stock head unit blows really bad. Low frequency bass response is SOLID but higher bass frequencies around 80-100hz is weak. Depending on the recording of the music there is a massive to subtle drop in DB at higher bass frequencies which creates an "uneven" sound. I constantly have to adjust the bass on the head unit from album to album. Ah well it still sounds WAY better with the subwoofer I am thinking of getting a signal processor somewhere later down the road but Id rather use extra money for other mods.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:11 PM

Nice looking car! I've been wanting to get a sub install for a while, but I always spend my extra money on performance mods. The white A3's really look nice with the tinted windows, especially with the Open Sky.

BTW, are you looking for a sport suspension for your car?

Cheers!

Old 05-29-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

White is never an option for me when looking for a new car but I have to say that your car does look sweet, especially with the open sky and tinted window. Damn [:@], I need to tint my windows!

So what is up Chef? Trying to sell your future ‘old’ suspension, hey ?

Old 05-30-2007, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

Nice looking car! I've been wanting to get a sub install for a while, but I always spend my extra money on performance mods. The white A3's really look nice with the tinted windows, especially with the Open Sky.

BTW, are you looking for a sport suspension for your car?

Cheers!
A sub for me was mandatory I sold my old speakers and I already had an amp so I got it put in for short money. About the white... yeah my first choice in color was going to be silver but I am glad I got the white instead. The black/white contrast looks awesome. I hope to get black rims in the future as well as getting some black exhaust tips.

As for the suspension... yeah I definitley need to upgrade it... I made some fast turns today and the car just could not hang. But I am going to get something aftermarket as I definitley require the car to be MUCH lower You think Audi put those gaps in there for storage or something Oh, Im sure the Pirelli All seasons don't help either [:'(]

Old 05-30-2007, 01:30 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Nice looking A3........... now you gotta park next to me at the gtg to have that whole black and white thing..... then Chef can park behind us being the Black and White = Lava Grey Baby A3

I guess chef can't see his stock suspension to Raslion then......

=

Old 05-30-2007, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Audinam

Nice looking A3........... now you gotta park next to me at the gtg to have that whole black and white thing..... then Chef can park behind us being the Black and White = Lava Grey Baby A3

Wait, wait... I thought Chef's A3 was Lava Grey with blue sparkle????

Old 05-30-2007, 01:51 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: RasLion

ORIGINAL: Audinam

Wait, wait... I thought Chef's A3 was Lava Grey with blue sparkle????
no, you're wrong, they're PINK!!!! get it right!!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 08:48 AM

Ouch!

Look Nam, I have a right-hand drive car! Or, you just flipped my picture?

Olivier, don't worry mate, I was trying to hook Nam up with a seller, not myself. I figured if Raslion wanted the Sport suspension then he and Nam could make the exchange next weekend.

Cheers!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:12 AM
1st Gear

Chef I am looking for a sports suspension.
Do you know someone?