Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

In the Market for an A3... Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 05:22 AM
1st Gear
Default In the Market for an A3... Quick Question

So, I'm in the market for an A3, or I guess it's more like-- I have to have one of these bad-boys!

Anyways, I want to know if anyone has had their A3 specially ordered from the Audi dealer... Based on my research, I can't find a dealer with the exact specs that I want-- a 2.0T, manual, w/only the S-Line package.... Typically the S-Line versions (2.0 or 3.2) are bundled with other goodies (which will knock the car right out of my price range)...

Will my local dealer be able to order the car I want? If so, will I have to seal the deal before my car is ordered? I expect that might hurt me a bit in negotiating... I'll have to work up a plan to mitigate that...

Thanks for any input and I hope to be posting as an owner relatively soon.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:46 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: In the Market for an A3... Quick Question

ORIGINAL: gaffnova

So, I'm in the market for an A3, or I guess it's more like-- I have to have one of these bad-boys!

Anyways, I want to know if anyone has had their A3 specially ordered from the Audi dealer... Based on my research, I can't find a dealer with the exact specs that I want-- a 2.0T, manual, w/only the S-Line package.... Typically the S-Line versions (2.0 or 3.2) are bundled with other goodies (which will knock the car right out of my price range)...

Will my local dealer be able to order the car I want? If so, will I have to seal the deal before my car is ordered? I expect that might hurt me a bit in negotiating... I'll have to work up a plan to mitigate that...

Thanks for any input and I hope to be posting as an owner relatively soon.
Yes your dealer can order exactly what you want. You bargain what price you want before you order. No real difference in dealing except a dealer is always more motivated to sell a car in inventory versus ordering.