Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Meet my new best friend - REVO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Default Meet my new best friend - REVO!!!

I just got back from the Eurocode Tuning shop and my car has a new set of Juevos, I mean Revo and not a pair of sunglasses.

The damn car is so amazing it's scary. I'm very impressed with the additional horses, but the torque is freakin awesome!!! Now I don't miss my TDI at all. I'll let you know more as I continue to drive it, since I've only done the test run and about 5 additional miles so far. I did smell a lot of Pirelli when I got home though

When the GReddy exhaust is ready and installed on the car, watchout!

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-14-2006, 02:57 PM
T2T
1st Gear
Default RE: Meet my new best friend - REVO!!!

Welcome to the club Brian. When you get your GReddy exhaust, we'll have to take both of our cars down to AMS in Carson and jump on Mark's dyno. I'd really like to see a 91 octane comparison between the APR and Revo software. One note about the low end torque increase, next time it rains, your going to be a little frustrated when you can't start your car from a stop without slipping the wheels all the way up into third gear. The ESP helps but it become frustrating too because you can feel the brakes kicking in all of the time. Also a note about the large diameter, high flow exhaust - it will set off a few car alarms. The low tone and resonating rumble, although not too loud, will shack a few cars.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:29 PM

Wow, an exhaust that sets off alarms. I was thinking that I needed a Harley to do that.

I guess I'll have to take a few high spirited drives through Beverly Hills

Can't wait to get the exhaust and Dyno this bad boy. I'm getting the switch unit next Saturday. It will switch between stock, 91 octane, 93 octane, and valet lock. Not sure if I'll spend the extra dough for the computer program and user adjustable inputs? Either way I'm very happy with the new torque and I can just imagine how bad this car will slip in the rain. With the ESP off I can easily roast the tires through the first three gears.

Thanks for the inspiration! We've got some awesome cars!

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-16-2006, 04:28 PM
SoCal Crew Member

how much more power is the exhaust supposed to give?

Old 05-16-2006, 04:31 PM
SoCal Crew Member

by the way, where did you get those European fromt lic plate? is that legal? i got a ticket for not having a front lic plate.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear

I see you have the turbo back exhaust. How do you like the setup? Do you have any drone an x RPMs? My car is at the shop to have the APR chip put in and I'll be getting the APR exhaust installed once the shop gets it.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Administrator

sweet someday i;ll chip my car to bad i wont get ur numbers[&o]
remember Tim had over 300TQ thats beautiful

Old 05-16-2006, 11:04 PM
2nd Gear

Just got the APR chip installed. What a difference. It handles differently now since it has power to throw the car into corners. This is definatly the most bang for the buck mod. Guys over at gmgracing.com did all the work in under an hour. Props to them!

Old 05-17-2006, 02:35 AM
T2T
1st Gear

Well welcome to the club TOO. I think you'll like the exhaust. It's got a deep rumble that does resonate thru the car and as I was saying to Chef, it will set off a car alarm or two as you drive down the street. It's not that it's that loud but it does resonate. As for the power boost, I got about an additional 8 hp but about 15 to 20 lb-ft of torque. The power vs dollar ratio is not as good as the chip but there aren't too many exhaust systems that actually give a power increase. Most of them just make the car sound better. Maybe we'll see you at the next GTG.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:12 AM

I'm still waiting on the production exhaust made from my prototype. The production exhaust should be on within the next couple months and I'll let you know how loud it is. The REVO chip claims numbers of 260hp and 299lbs of torque, but I'm sure that's a slight exageration based on very favorable numbers, although, the car is a rocket currently. When I get the exhaust on I will go to the dyno with T2T and test the car properly. That will give the rest of you some accurate numbers for different chips and exhaust systems. I don't expect either car to be too radically different from the other.

Cheers!

Chef

Quick Reply: Meet my new best friend - REVO!!!