Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

MIL light went on??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Default MIL light went on??????

I have a 2006 2.0T A3 with 11,000 miles on it. The Malfunction Indicator Lamp went on today. I have put a upgraded stero in my car (head unit, component speakers, amp and sub) and a HID conversion kit. I have had no problems with either and have had them for about 3 months. Other than when the ***** bags who installed my stero BLEW an airbag when they were installing the speakers (which they still havent fixed and yes it has been 3 MONTHS!!!!) Im going to sue them. Could any of these items make the light go off? if they wierd it wrong or is it the blown air bag? I hope its something my warrenty will cover. . Another thing i thought of is im in Utah and the weather went from 85 last week and now it is snowing where i live could this have made a pressure change? any advice is appreciated sorry for being a stupid NOOB

Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: MIL light went on??????

ORIGINAL: Oliver9001

I have a 2006 2.0T A3 with 11,000 miles on it. The Malfunction Indicator Lamp went on today. I have put a upgraded stero in my car (head unit, component speakers, amp and sub) and a HID conversion kit. I have had no problems with either and have had them for about 3 months. Other than when the ***** bags who installed my stero BLEW an airbag when they were installing the speakers (which they still havent fixed and yes it has been 3 MONTHS!!!!) Im going to sue them. Could any of these items make the light go off? if they wierd it wrong or is it the blown air bag? I hope its something my warrenty will cover. . Another thing i thought of is im in Utah and the weather went from 85 last week and now it is snowing where i live could this have made a pressure change? any advice is appreciated sorry for being a stupid NOOB
Could be a lot of things, just take it into a dealer and have them diagnosis the malfunction for you, rather then you second guessing!

Old 06-07-2007, 11:57 PM

I know i just am stressing about it. I put alot of money into the car and dont want to put anymore

Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 AM

Yeah, take it to the dealer. Unless you can read the code and post it here, it won't do a lot of good guessing. It could be as simple as you not screwing the gas cap on tight, but who knows?

Good luck.

Cheers!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:54 AM

let me guess ( its the radio ) because its linked to the computer so it cant see it hence the CEL, you could try to get codes but it will need the original audio system back in so best thing to do is use VAG and delete the audio system from the ECU to bypass the fault that way you can keep your radio