Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Neuspeed Intake + EVOMS Engine Cover = Fit Together?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Neuspeed Intake + EVOMS Engine Cover = Fit Together?

I would like to know if the EVOMS engine cover would fit with a Neuspeed intake. Ideally, I would like to purchase a EVOMS intake but it seems they are not in stock. I actually contacted EVOMS regarding availability and am waiting to hear back from them.

Has anyone tried the Neupeed intake + Evoms engine cover combo?

I saw LEWXCORE on fortitude who cut his cover and did a great job, maybe this would be my last resort.

Personally I think the EVOMS intake is superior to the Neuspeed which is why im still waiting to hopefully buy the evoms one. Bottom line is, plastic does not conduct heat like metal does. But I would definately buy the neuspeed engine cover over the over priced evoms one.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Neuspeed Intake + EVOMS Engine Cover = Fit Together?

Not sure if they fit but here is a pic of my Neuspeed and my factory cover that I modified.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

Is the Neuspeed engine cover the one that looks like stock, but smaller? I have been looking for this because I thought I saw it on here a while ago. Do you have a link?

Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 AM
1st Gear

Its the EVOMS that looks like the OEM cover. The only Neuspeed engine cover that I know of is the carbon fiber one.

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/pro...ils.asp?app=90|A3&type=11&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=1976

This is the EVOMS one. I't looks like the OEM just without the audi emblem. Heres the link (i hope it works)

http://evoms.com/marketplace/ViewPro...0094C63DF5B%7D

It looks almost like OEM which is the look I want to retain.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
2nd Gear

Thank you! That is the one I've been looking for.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:47 AM
1st Gear

Hey BAMF

What intake do you have on right now?

Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 AM
2nd Gear

I don't have an intake yet, I just got serious about shopping for one a few days ago. My next mod is going to be a chip tune, which of course requires an upgraded DV. I figure while I'm replacing the DV I may as well do the intake at the same time. As you can see, this is turning into an expensive proposition! I am currently debating between the Neuspeed intake and the ATP modular intake.

ATP: http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart...ail&p=1090

The thing I really like about the ATP kit is they sell an extra piece that relocates the DV valve to the top of the engine bay and closer to the filter end of the intake. That would make life easier if I ever have to get to the DV again (i.e. if it fails) plus it should make the dump sound more audible without causing a check engine light like a BOV.

DV relocation kit: http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart...list&c=183

I've yet to see anyone with this kit, so I'm a little wary, but ATP seems to be a reliable brand. I should probably check the VW forums to see if anyone has this on a MkV. Of course, the Neuspeed is widely used and I've heard plenty of feedback on it. That, and it's plastic so there should be less chance of heat absorbtion. The ATP looks cooler though

Either way, I'm probably going to get that Evoms engine cover. I don't want to leave it bare, and I'm hesitant to cut up my stock cover.