Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

New A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Default New A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forums and Audi. I do have lots of VW and Porsche experience though. We just replaced our aging Jetta VR6 with the new A3 3.2 Quattro. It's Light Silver Metallic with Black Interior (here in the NW US we don't need to worry about hot seats :-) ), Open Sky System, Bi-Xenon Headlights and Cold Weather Package. Wow, what a thrill factor! The performance and handling is outstanding. I would readily compare this car to any Porsche I've driven.

I just took delivery of the car and haven't had the chance to get over this excitement to give an unbiased review but as time and experience goes on I'll give my opinions and reviews of the car. If any of you guys have hints or tips please feel free to share.

(My wife thinks I bought it for her.... hahahahahaha)

Old 12-12-2005, 04:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line

Is yours the S3? Are they bringing the S3 to the US? I've heard the Quattro with the paddle shifters is amazing!

Old 12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
3rd Gear

I drove the new 3.2/Quattro/DSG a couple of weeks ago and it really is an amazing car. Have fun with it!

Old 12-13-2005, 01:37 AM

Nope, not the S3, I do wish though. My sources are telling me there may be an S3 for model year 07 but I don't know how reliable the source is. This is the S-line which sports different bumpers, stiffer suspension, S-Line badging, sport seats, and some interior goodies. I love the paddle shifters and they are a real treat but I am still getting used to them. They feel just a tad awkward in tight corners but I think that'll change as I get more used to them being there. I will get her on the local track as soon as she's through the beakin period. Then we'll be able to see what she can really do. :-)

Old 12-14-2005, 04:20 AM
3rd Gear

Rumor had it that the S3 was scheduled for the USA, but considering Audi cannot sell many 2.0T and will sell even less 3.2 models, I highly doubt we will see the S3. Which is a big shame as that car would rock and I would certainly be up for one[&o]

Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 PM

would be curious as to what kind of mileage you are getting with the 3.2 S.

At an Audi Streets of Tomorrow I drove the 3.2 S. Flattest cornering car I have ever driven, though the urban setting made it impossible to get over 30 mph and drive time was short. The DSG in that car paddle-shifted smoothly upward, but grumbled/hunted when shifting downward. Not sure if this is true of all Audi DSG's, though. Audi did not have a 2.0 T with DSG to drive at that event.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:04 AM

whats up res. im in the nw too...wa state. i just test drove a 2.0 manual and cant wait to get one. ill def get dsg. but not sure about sport or premium package? INPUT PLEASE.. not gonna be on a track or anything but def interested in performance. as for color im thinkin gray or black. black interior but it gets to the 100s in the summer here so maybe ill get diff color. this car is for my wife also. lol...she thinks its perrrtttty so we've decided a3 over bmw 330i.

also 3.2 or 2.0???? any input greatly appreciated. snows in winter time but fwd + snow shoes might work???? over mountain pass??

thnx guys love the A3..love this forum~

Old 05-11-2006, 06:48 AM
SoCal Crew Member

i have a black A3 2.0 manual. i have the sport package, no need for premium package for me, i don't need that navi system and stuff like that, it's all about comfort for me. as for your choice between 2.0 or 3.2, well, 2.0T costs $7,000 less than a 3.2. as for power, 2.0 gets 200 horses and 207 lbs of torque, with the 3.2, you get 250 horses with 236 lbs or torque, BUT, if you get the 2.0T and get it chipped, as in reprograming your ECU (for only $700) you get 250 horses and 283 lbs of torque, so you're getting more power than the 3.2 for $6,000 less. and obviously, smaller engine, better gas mileage

Old 05-12-2006, 12:44 AM
1st Gear

Well, I would agreed with you that the car should be around 250hp and 283lbs after chipped. I've never got my TT caught with it chipped by the dealer. As long as the dealer don't catch you, your warranty won't get void. And you're comparing a almost bare bone 2.0T to 3.2 which comes equip with DSG, prem and sport stuff(electronic driver seat), with trip computer, and quattro. One thing I see as a major issue with the 3.2 is about 400lbs different between the 2 cars. So, the bottom line is if the cash is an issue just get the 2.0T but if you want all the trimming then get the 3.2. I first ordered the 2.0T but end up buying a 3.2. After having the 3.2 for about 2 months, I am so glad I did.

I think chipping the car is a great value to get more power. But after I got my TT chipped and did some more mods like intake, and blow-off valve. My TT came to a complete stop because the timimg belt snapped. Anyways, it's no ones fault but my to drive the hell out of the car. So, I personally would have to think twice before I chip an other car. Just a thought....

Old 05-13-2006, 06:15 AM
SoCal Crew Member

chipping your audi doesn't mean you have to race it or "drive the hell out of the car", chipping it just mean you get more power when you need it. as for what you did to your TT, you can always replace the the belt. how much more power did you get with your intake and blowoff valve?

Quick Reply: New A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line