Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

New Audi branded extended warranty - "Pure Protection"

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:19 PM
1st Gear
Default New Audi branded extended warranty - "Pure Protection"

Rather than waiting for the A3 in transit, our local dealer pursuaded us to go with an A3 on his lot. We got a good deal both on the A3 (invoice+0) and on my trade-in, but we had to rush to pick up the car so that they can make their month end numbers...

Anyway, when doing the paper work, the dealer said Audi now sells an Audi branded extended warranty. It is Audi's own program and service is honored at all Audi dealers across US, Canada and Hawaii. It has to be purchased when the car is new. The cost for 7 year / 100K miles is around $3,600, with a $100 deductible per incident.

It also includes $35/day rental car coverage, wear & tear coverage up to 50,000 miles. It's transferable and refundable (pro-rated) as well.

$3,600 is a bit pricey. I was quoted $2,000 by an aftermarket warranty company. But I decided to go for it, since it is backed by Audi and also that I was burned last time when 1sourewarranty went out of business after I spent $3K on my Porsche extended warranty.

So, have you folks heard of this? Do you think it's a good deal? It's pretty expensive - at about 10% of the cost of the car...

Also interestingly, the dealer said this program is not avaialble at all dealers and some Audi dealers do not qualify for it. I don't know if that's BS or not. But when I asked another dealer, they told me Audi does not offer extended warranty and tried to sell me an aftermarket one.

Paul

Old 10-31-2006, 11:05 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New Audi branded extended warranty - "Pure Protection"

I just bought my 07 and have no knowledge of this. It sounds a little bogus because I haven't seen it listed on any website; for example, edmunds.com does indepth reviews and doesn't mention it at all. Most likey you bought an extended warranty that audi will honor, not an Audi extended warranty.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:42 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: qmjumpmaster

I just bought my 07 and have no knowledge of this. It sounds a little bogus because I haven't seen it listed on any website; for example, edmunds.com does indepth reviews and doesn't mention it at all. Most likey you bought an extended warranty that audi will honor, not an Audi extended warranty.
They gave me a very official looking Audi brochure for the protection plan. The customer service number goes to VW/Audi center. It says the plan is serviced and administered by Fidelity Warranty Service Inc. The subscription form also has official Audi logos and even Audi form numbers. It looks pretty official. I wonder if Audi USA partners with Fidelity to offer the program. In any case, I would hope this is backed by Audi or at least the dealership since it is marketed and sold by them.

Paul

Old 11-01-2006, 12:51 AM
1st Gear

Found the following links on Audi's web site. Guess it's official. You had me concerned for a moment there.

Weird that not all Audi dealers offer it though... i.e. some dealers are pushign other 3rd party warranty and even claim that there is no Audi extended warranty...

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/F...rotection.html

Old 11-09-2006, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

When I bought my A3 (last week) I didn't do any homework on the warranty or service options. I knew that last year (2006 models only) there was a free service plan for the first 4 or 5 years, this year I was told by the dealership, that it costs $550. Since I intend to somewhat baby this car and keep it 4 years, I bought it. The list of services covers all Audi recommended service for the first 4 years, so it is quite a deal. I think I recall the finance guy saying its like .35cents on the dollar if you did all the service the traditional way through Audi. Plus the price won't go up over the years, its fixed.

I'm happy with the plan I got, wish I would have read more about it before the purchase.

regards!

Old 11-09-2006, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

Sounds good, what really matters is that you are satisfied. Please let us know good and bad who the warranty works out. Once the manufacturer warranty works out we may be able to purchase the extended.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:08 PM
1st Gear

I am also planning on babying my A3, but I declined the extended warranty as well and the maintenance.

Thinking about definetly getting it at a later time also, like mentioned below from "qmjumpmaster":

"Once the manufacturer warranty works out we may be able to purchase the extended"

But hopefully even before it runs out I will purchase it. I mean, for $550, sounds pricey but in the long-run it will make us and our A3's all more happy.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:10 PM
1st Gear

Just got off the phone with my sales rep. I asked about the $550 extended plan and other maintenance and warranty plans that were offered to me when I picked up the car. He said the plans cannot be bought in the future, it would have had to been done same day I picked up the car or day after, which is today.

Not sure if anyone else got the same answer and info about this, but this is what I was told.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

I bought the maintenance agreement for $550. Seems smart since your maintenance costs during the first 50,000 miles should exceed that.

I have Geico insurance, and they provide something simlar to an extended warranty up to 100,000 miles with their insurance. It has a $250 deductible and the cost is minimal. I'm still not clear on the price as the rep on the phone said it was no additional charge. But from other posts of people it seems like maybe $30 a year or so. I haven't gotten the detailed bill yet.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:17 PM
1st Gear

I also have GEICO insurance.

I will ask about the "extended warranty" when I call GEICO to add my vehicle.

And yes, it sure does seem smart to have purchased the $550 maint agreement, I should have, shucks!

Quick Reply: New Audi branded extended warranty - "Pure Protection"