Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

New older A3 owner..

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:37 PM
1st Gear
Default New older A3 owner..

Just picked up a low kms 2007 A3 base model with the 2.0t

I've seen a lot of sites with mods for these, and wanted to know what the easier ones are?

I've seen APR has an ECMS mod that using the cruise control stalk, you can program the ECU for several different performance programs, and I'm curious if anyone has tried that?

I've already picked up a set of Spyder headlights with the LEDs in them that sort of make them look like the newer models with the eyebrows.

I'm also considering ordering a new front clip from an S3 from oemplus. Has anyone here done that conversion?

As for tires, it has crappy Pirelli all seasons on it. It came with an extra set of dedicated winter tires, so I'm looking to upgrade the summer 17" tires.. My research says Michelin Super Sports are a good pick. Anyone have those to report on?

As for hardware upgrades, I think a cold air intake should be easy.. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, and I hope to really enjoy my new (to me) A3!

Don

Old 05-25-2014, 07:19 PM
1st Gear

Wow. 200 views and not a single hello or anything. Are A3 drivers that quiet?

Originally Posted by DonFromCanada
Just picked up a low kms 2007 A3 base model with the 2.0t

I've seen a lot of sites with mods for these, and wanted to know what the easier ones are?

I've seen APR has an ECMS mod that using the cruise control stalk, you can program the ECU for several different performance programs, and I'm curious if anyone has tried that?

I've already picked up a set of Spyder headlights with the LEDs in them that sort of make them look like the newer models with the eyebrows.

I'm also considering ordering a new front clip from an S3 from oemplus. Has anyone here done that conversion?

As for tires, it has crappy Pirelli all seasons on it. It came with an extra set of dedicated winter tires, so I'm looking to upgrade the summer 17" tires.. My research says Michelin Super Sports are a good pick. Anyone have those to report on?

As for hardware upgrades, I think a cold air intake should be easy.. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, and I hope to really enjoy my new (to me) A3!

Don

Old 05-27-2014, 11:58 AM
2nd Gear

I can give you a friendly "Hallo und willkommen Nachbar" (hello and welcome neighbor)

But unfortunately I cannot give you info on what you are seeking. I've not done an APR tune on this car and on my other car (A6 4.2) I did the APR tune only to remove the CEL for the missing cats (it did give me some nice HP gain).

Other than that I've done only some very easy and minor mods to this A3 (same year and engine as your). I've added the cold air intake, Forge BOV and an Oil catch can. None of them really gave me a big performance increase but it feels a little better (+sound). However it's a good start to get prepared for stage 1 I guess.