Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 AM
1st Gear
Default Newbie here

Hi everyone....just bought an A3 a few days ago. It is an 07 premium packaged A3 in black with black leather seats. Only has approx. 4,000 miles on it. Very very nice vehicle EXCEPT for one thing. The molding piece on the drivers side that goes from the windshield to the back hatch is bowed. For the life of me I cannot get that thing to clip into place. Now my question...does anyone know the part number of that piece or what I can do to fix it? I know I know I bought this car sight unseen and they shipped it to me which is something I have never done before but the price was to hard to ignore. Any help is appreciated.....Kent

Old 03-06-2008, 03:57 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Newbie here

open sky?

Old 03-06-2008, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

Shouldn't it still be under warranty?

Old 03-06-2008, 09:38 PM

Yeah, definitely take that back to the dealer to be fixed. Don't muck with it on your own.

Congrats on the new car.

Cheers!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear

That is warranty work with no muss and no fuss for you!

Old 03-07-2008, 04:19 PM
1st Gear

Yes it does have sky roof. That is sort of my dilemma...the dealer in Chicago wanted to know what the part number was so he could take it to his manager and since the closest dealer is 50 miles north of here I just figured why shouldnt they take care of it since they shipped it to me that way. Trying to find any parts information is not easy.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:26 AM
1st Gear

Just hound the dealer they will get it done. It also would be worth the drive to go get it fixed. You do now own a drivers car.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:43 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 4RINGSROD

Just hound the dealer they will get it done. It also would be worth the drive to go get it fixed. You do now own a drivers car.
Good advice!! I'll just have the be the "squeeky fence" here and get them to send me one. Yes I know a quick trip to Toledo might be in the cards too since that dealer will also do my servicing. Appreciate all the advice.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

Had the same thing happen to me and returned to another dealer in a different state (I was travelling with the car while new at the time) and it was repaired very quickly under warranty (BIG thumbs up to Barrier in Bellevue, WA for helping out a car from the Bay Area, CA!). Definitely don't mess with that unless you're willing to get the adhesive tape to keep that piece down as well. It doesn't simply just clip in as I found out.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:38 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: grubble

Had the same thing happen to me and returned to another dealer in a different state (I was travelling with the car while new at the time) and it was repaired very quickly under warranty (BIG thumbs up to Barrier in Bellevue, WA for helping out a car from the Bay Area, CA!). Definitely don't mess with that unless you're willing to get the adhesive tape to keep that piece down as well. It doesn't simply just clip in as I found out.
You are probably right..just go to the dealer and have them install it. Also need the rear wiper cap put on....never again will I buy a car sight unseen unless it is new. Learned my lesson .....I guess at 53 years old you still learn your lessons...haha.

Quick Reply: Newbie here