AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   Please allow me to introduce myself... (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/please-allow-me-introduce-myself-22291/)

msbc 01-01-2006 12:01 PM

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hi,

Let me start by saying I am a long time BMW owner! Previously owned a '93 325i and 2000 330Ci. I never thought I would buy any other brand - love manual, rear drive cars! Well, decided I needed a smaller, 4-door replacement for the 330 Coupe. The new 3-series wasn't a contender as I wanted to reduce my lease costs. I tested several cars - didn't like the BMW 120i. But, fell in love with thw A3 Sportsback. Great build quality - better than BMW - and much more appealing interior. The 120i is very drab and boreing.

So, the A3 was the go - which version to buy? The 3.2 Quattro is overpriced here in Australia (AUS$87,000!!) so it was between the 2.0 and 2.0T. The 2.0 was underpowered compared with my 330Ci. But the 2.0T DSG was right on the money - probably better acceleration than the 300Ci due to the DSG. I never thought I'd enjoy driving an automatic so much!

I ordered a 2.0T DSG in Lava Grey with OpenSky - delivery is due around 12th Jan - can't wait!!

Mark

Luthier 01-01-2006 01:59 PM

RE: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Good to hear and I'm very happy to have more A3 FSI-DSG addicted in the world!
Actually a friend mine who loves BMW and was a long time 330i owner recently changed his BMW with Subaru Legacy wagon. He had many test-drives with many different cars including A3 before his decision. He was really impressed by A3, especially FSI and DSG technology, but he decided Legacy wagon because he wanted all-wheel drive.... I'm sure he was satisfied with Legacy until I let him drive my A3 2.0T DSG... and now I'm not sure if he is still OK with his Subaru...;) He became another A3 addicted guy. [8D]

I know you can't wait....Congrats on your delivery in advance!

Happy new year with your new A3!

baker 01-01-2006 03:10 PM

Hi MSBC:
I'm in eastern Canada and I picked up my A3 2.0T About a month ago. Traded from a 2002 Maxima. My audi is brilliant red, DSG, premium package, and so far I love it. Nice to see someone else join the club. Happy New Year everyone.

flyboy 01-02-2006 03:32 AM

congrats. yeah, I always used to like BMW, then I got taller and have a hard time fitting much of anything anymore. Audi supprised me with how well there cars are built, of course I'd never really even given them a look.. Good to have you aboard. Oh and thers alot of stuff to make that 2.0t even faster.

QuattroGT74 01-03-2006 12:51 AM

Congrats from a former 330Ci owner also. The new 2.0T FSI is an amazing piece of engineering. Enjoy!