Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

pulling the chip trigger...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:17 PM
1st Gear
Default pulling the chip trigger...

sitting in neuspeed as I type this gittin chipped. Was leaning towards APR but changed my mind. I can't wait to drive....

Old 11-14-2007, 06:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: pulling the chip trigger...

Let us know your impressions please!!!!

Personally, I would also be curious to know how it affects your MPG once you're done lead footing it to enjoy the new power

Old 11-14-2007, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

will def let u know. Only about 30 minutes left! Everytime i hear a car i turn my head to see if its mine. How pathetic!!! Haha.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

So... how sweet is it? How much did it cost?

Old 11-15-2007, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

so...first impression....neuspeed chip is sick. the throttle response is lightning quick and you feel the car pull like crazy. I am a little concerned about my mileage. I went thru just over a quarter tank in about 60 miles. Anyone with chipped A3's have any info about mileage after chipping? It could be because I kept punching it to feel the power. My dash was reading pretty steady average of 20 mpg. As luck would have it I pulled onto the freeway next to a brand new off the lot M3 and I could easily hang with him. I think he may have been holding back a little cuz that car should smoke me, but it was kinda the other way around.

I also picked up Neuspeed's p-flow CAI and installed when I got home. I was laughing like a little schoolgirl when I heard the car breath. I had no idea it would sound like that! Is it supposed to sound like that???

Cost wise...Chip typically runs $499. Neuspeed has a great relationship with my dealership so I got it for $400 and the intake for $199, usually at $265 I believe. Also because the relationship between the two, my dealership will be much more helpful should anything go wrong. basically my warranty is still intact no matter what goes down.

anyway...one even more happy A3 owner here!

Old 11-15-2007, 04:18 AM
1st Gear

umm, jealous, party of one!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 AM
1st Gear

Brodieone > is your dealership Rusnak in Westlake Village? I ask because that's where I take my car, and I know they have the relationship with Neuspeed that you spoke of. If so, those are pretty good guys. Glad you like the chip - I too, have been nothing less that thrilled with Neuspeed chip. My MPG is in the low twenties, so yours may be from "just got my chip throttle." Enjoy!

Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: lavadrifter

Brodieone > is your dealership Rusnak in Westlake Village? I ask because that's where I take my car, and I know they have the relationship with Neuspeed that you spoke of. If so, those are pretty good guys. Glad you like the chip - I too, have been nothing less that thrilled with Neuspeed chip. My MPG is in the low twenties, so yours may be from "just got my chip throttle." Enjoy!

You're quite the sleuth lava! hahah. yeah. that is my dealership. I spoke with Carl for quite sometime before deciding on Neuspeed and am super stoked I went that route. Both the guys at Rusnak and Gary at Neuspeed are awesome. Super helpful. And as far as my mpg...i hope its from the lead foot syndrome due to new chipping, and im sure that is it because I was showing serious symptoms of it last night!

Old 11-15-2007, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

Reading this thread makes me want to chip my car. Wonder if it's worth discussing with my dealer to see if they have a relationship with anyone...

Old 11-15-2007, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: MBtoA3

umm, jealous, party of one!
Make that party of two! Was leaning towards the APR chip but have been reading good things about all the chip upgrades and there's nothing really bad about all of them.

I've been reading about the need to upgrade other parts (like CAI, exhaust, suspension, etc) prior to chipping. How many of you went straight to chip vs the other upgrades? Just want to get an idea on the philosophy behind it all...

Quick Reply: pulling the chip trigger...