AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   Q(1)alarm remote lock 2 audi keyring - Q(2)extra power (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/q-1-alarm-remote-lock-2-audi-keyring-q-2-extra-power-13220/)

DKRho 07-21-2005 04:21 PM

Q(1)alarm remote lock 2 audi keyring - Q(2)extra power

Hi, i own a audi a3 1.8 and i have an alarm system installed with remote locking etc.
I was wondering if its possible to program an audi keyring......the nice ones with key that folds away to operate alarm remote....
I find the alarm very good but remote is bulky and seperate to key......
Has anybody tried this?
I was thinking how to get some more power out of it......whats the best - more reliable way to do this???? Turbo? Chip?
Thanks in advance....

neo283 07-31-2005 07:38 PM

RE: Q(1)alarm remote lock 2 audi keyring - Q(2)extra power

All depends on if the alarm/RCL is an audi fitted part or retro-fit unit. If it's audi I don't see the problem as it should work on the same transponder. Just a case of programming the key to function on the new system which can be done yourself.
If its a retro-fit then it won't work because it's a non-audi system.
As for power, I've been asking & researching the same stuff (I have a 1.8 A3 too). Not a lot you can do mate! check out this link I tried to conclude everything for people to comment on!
http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/.../page/2#489429

DKRho 07-31-2005 07:51 PM

Hello, cheers for the comments and suggestions...
I have had another look at the key issue and i am trying to figure out the exact system i have. I understand that a3's or atleast mine, had the basic remote setup built in....so the only additin to the system is the remotes and receiver.
As far as i can figure out it is custom built for audi cars.....i am hoping that simple proggraming will work.....
I am waiting to get a audi keyring to test it....will post results
As for power, i got some good sugestions in the nitrous, supergharges and turbos forum.....
I think i will try the turbo and chip but i am alittle confused on which make or type.....
I thik i need to read up on it....
As for chip i really dont know which one.....have to ask a few people maybe that have tested them....
Thanks for comment

neo283 08-01-2005 12:00 PM

Yeah it's difficult. I really wish I'd forked out extra for the 1.8 Turbo when I had the chance. I think I'm gonna leave it until my exhaust needs replacing and get a after-market then. £330 fitted for a cat back Milltek system. After that may have another look at the Superchips, because when they set it up they can accomodate for the new exhaust. Was also thinking that when the cambely service is due I could enquire about a sports cams (Kent etc) replacement job. Think the kit is around £300, and cant be much more labour than a standard camblet replacement job which is about £400 from my reckoning.
I'm not tempted by the Nitrous, its an expendable resource can't be bothered continually filling it up.
Whats your options on the Turbo side of things?
As for the RCL. have you checked where the locking pump is? Should be a simple thing to find out if your part is Audi or not? It's in the nearside bood compartment (where your CD changer is), covered in green foam. If there is a unit visably attached to the pump, odds are that its an after market and won't work with an Audi key.

DKRho 08-01-2005 12:32 PM

Hello, yes but i think the diff with 1.8T are small comperably...at least here i could not justify the price diff....
I havent looked for new exhast but i hear the original one is ok and i like the way its hidden away...makes people wonder whats propeling it...hahaha
I have been looking at Turbos and chips....and (after alot of reading and some good advice) i have decided to go for the K04 type..(i believe its the one from the TT) and i heard it runs well and reliable...also i was advised to go for Giac chip (www.giacusa.com) which has been proven to be good especoially with k04 turbo...even though its alittle pricy
It should really beef up my engine....
I will probably make a start after summer....
I havent looked at the alarm system yet...will do though....the was a central locking system already in the car so i think it will be ok...maybe i can get hold of an original audi remote receiver to change to audi keys....
I will post something wen i have more info....i understand how its setup though now so now i can work around it...
About the nitrous....i think its flashy and risky...i will stick to things that work.....
Thanks again for info....
I shall let you know about key remote issue..
cheers