AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   Questions about Modifying the new A3..Please Reply (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/questions-about-modifying-new-a3-please-reply-9411/)

azulhaque 05-03-2005 06:33 PM

Questions about Modifying the new A3..Please Reply

Hey..im about to get a car..not sure which one at the moment but the New A3 dus seem lyk an amazing car.

I wanted to ask a few questions..im not a car enthusiast so if some of these questions seem daft..please forgive me.

Firstly, wots are the maximum sized alloys tht i can put in to the A3?

I want to change the sound system of the car once i get it..i was thinking of removing the starndard audi one and put in a motorised dvd sat nav units..would that be possible? Ofcourse i wont be the one doing al this because i dnt kno anything about it..but wil get it done by someone who knos wot hes doing.

Also i want to put some extra 6.5 or 7 inch screens into the headrests for the backseat passengers..wil that b possible?

I will also be looking to possibly add extra speakers..can the A3 take that..since i dnt kno about the power requirements and whether all this is possible with the new A3, id greatly appreciate ur answers..thankyou

btw if i go for an A3..il most likely b goin for the 1.6 FSI.

once agen please do not hav a go at me for asking daft questions..

jukeit 05-03-2005 06:42 PM

RE: Questions about Modifying the new A3..Please Reply

After watching "Pimp My Ride" a few times on MTV, someone can make any of those changes if you really want it done. Just depends on how much you want to pay.

azulhaque 05-03-2005 06:51 PM

i dnt mind paying a bit for it..but its jus that on sum cars u cnt change the standard audio sytems..lyk the s40 for example. I was jus wondering if its possible to replace it with a motorised dvd satnav in the new A3..without having to change the whole dash board or wotever..im looking to put the PIONEER-AVIC-X1R into it.

eyimbo 05-13-2005 07:16 PM

Ok, mate,

Audi A3 1.6FSI, no offence to anyone who has already got one. It is majorly underpowered! majorly!, you'd have to be atleast over 75 years old to think you're going fast enough. and mate if you're gonna be spending in excess of £1500 on the system( sat nav unit, the adaptors needed, an amp for the front speakers) than you might as well get a 2.0 . as far as modifing the A3 right now, i'd say that you wouldn't want to do it as any sort of modification unlike a crappy ford festa will make the car look cheap and ugly. if you are into modifing cars then an audi isn't for you, go buy a £20 nova perviously stolen by somebody. Audi A3's are a statement, the statement is: you cheap ****s, look at you in you little ******* saxos with £30 rear lights and £50 plastic wheels with crome paint and your excuse on an interior, you think you're all that aren't you. keep looking see the badge, it's an Audi, time for you little saxo boys to grow up, buy yourself a real car (if you can afford it). basiclly it is to make everyone else on the road feel bad about themselfs at the same time not showing off and being sensible. oh and by the way audi has a bad rep with customer service, it's not that it's bad, it just doesn't exsist. so unless you're like me who wants children and wants to get married and get a decent job than it's not really for you. unless if you want comfort, the ability to overtake almost anybody on the road but at the same time do 200mpg with the wind behind you, a bit of sensible mature bling without boring bmws and mercs, nice interior, plenty of room, a massive fuel tank for a hatchback get what i've got. personally i'd go for the 2lr TFSI 4WD. good luck mate, whatever you do, think of it long and hard. a car's for life not just for x-mas!:D

azulhaque 05-14-2005 07:26 PM

thanx mate..atleast sum1 replied

i mite not hav used the word modify correctly..al im plannin on doin is changing the alloys, lightly tinting the side windows, possibly adding a small roof spoiler, adding a dvd sat nav unit and mayb adding speakers. As far as gettin a more powerful car or a quattro version goes..i cant. Im a med student and apart from the insurance, the initial costs wil b too high. I didnt even go for the 1.6 FSI, i bought a black 1.6 sport. Second hand.